Parallel Port Driver Service Error

D

David Gorick

The following error message keeps coming up in WinXP Professional Event Viewer.

"The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.'

My HP USB printer works fine and no problems are noted in Device Manager. The only change lately has been a new motherboard. The error message started after that. I've thought about reinstalling my HP printer software but since the printer is working fine I'm not sure that it will make any difference. A Google search hasn't been any help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks much,

David

J

Jerry

Check the BIOS and see if the serial and parallel ports have been invoked. If they are not needed - disable them.

"The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.'

My HP USB printer works fine and no problems are noted in Device Manager. The only change lately has been a new motherboard. The error message started after that. I've thought about reinstalling my HP printer software but since the printer is working fine I'm not sure that it will make any difference. A Google search hasn't been any help.

Thanks much,

David

D

David Gorick

That was my first thought but there is nothing in the bios that mentions the serial or parallel ports. My board is an Abit IC7-Max3 and I have an email to Abit asking them if it is possible to disable the serial and parallel ports on this board. No answer as yet.
Check the BIOS and see if the serial and parallel ports have been invoked. If they are not needed - disable them.

Thanks much,

David

J

Jerry

There are none. I have the same motherboard and it did not come with any serial or parallel ports.

I did go into Device Manager a while back and noticed that there were yellow triangles at the seriall and parallel port listings which I removed; because there are no such devices on the ABIT IC7-MAX3.

That was my first thought but there is nothing in the bios that mentions the serial or parallel ports. My board is an Abit IC7-Max3 and I have an email to Abit asking them if it is possible to disable the serial and parallel ports on this board. No answer as yet.

Thanks much,

David

Ask a Question