Overclockers UK - Nightmare or not?

Reaction score
To be honest its strange generaly ive noted and heard Ocuk service to be good at best.

But like everyone has said before if you order something and u recieve it and its the correct product and its working ok then theres nothing wrong is there? But when there is a problem thats where there service/support kicks in.

I can actually belive the negativity....

Reaction score
my overclockers nightmare

No point in writing this out when it lives here already, plus a comment posting from a former OCuk employee :)

tgs

Reaction score
OCUk bend the rules as far as they can with respect to replacements and refunds and seem to have no concept of customer service.

If things work - great their prices are low and you may be lucky.

If things go wrong then you will have a real problem. I bought direct from the shop and had a problem with a new item that was faulty. The item was returned within one hour with a clear fault but they refused to change unless I was prepared to wait 7 days until they tested it.

They seem to try to avoid replacing faulty items and insist they test everything - this can take at least 7 days - then they will squirm. If and only if they agree there is a fault will they agree to a refund or replacement they then appear to try and hold to your money for as long as possible - if you are lucky you get your money back 7 days later.

In general their staff are at best unhelpful and at worse obnoxious.

I am local to OCUK's shop - I would not touch them as I have been stung.

I would say buyer beware if you deal with OCuk and be aware if you have a problem it will not be easy to get fixed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
tomita

I have just spent over £660 with overclockers and fell for the next day delivery and specified the next day as it came on the list.
When I finally got through the next day my account said it was sent and recieved,DUH>
One of those polite but rude young men siad it had ben packed today but the couriers have no code recognition of it.
Tomorrow I will ring and see if it is in transit.
This person just kept saying "well what do you want me to do about it" on and on.
Will never shop there again, biting the hand that feeds you?????????? NO:mad:

Reaction score
tomita

[oh oh now I have a faulty motherboard.
The tech support guy seemed nice but what road will I find myself on now.

Reaction score
Total nightmare

I honestly recommend to avoid them if you value your time and don't want to waste a day to speak to their Customer Service and resolve a minor replacement issue.

They have supplied a faulty hard-disk and didn't want to arrange a collection and replacement. The chap on the phone just hung up. I phoned them back and ended up talking to the same guy who hung up again. Made my next call and he didn't even said anything, just hung up.

I spent then at least a day to get through them again.

A complete waste of time. They do seem to have no respect to the customers.

AVOID THEM!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just thought I'd chime in and say once again that the only problem I've ever had with OCUK is them not sending out an order if one item isn't in stock - even if it had been listed as in stock at time of order. This means you can stay in all day to recieve goods that don't arrive :mad:

It would be better for them to ship all the parts that are in stock with an instruction to you to e-mail them to either cancel the order for the part(s) that aren't in stock are ask if you're prepared to wait until they are in stock.

Other than that - they've been great, I've had three RMA's in as many years and all have been dealt with efficiently by friendly staff.

I don't doubt they're not perfect but I can only report my own experiences.

And they're not the cheapest, btw, but they do stock a good range and are very reasonably priced, in my opinion.

What I would be wary of is one off posts that totally slag off a supplier and then are never to be seen again. The online computer parts supplier's market is a competitive one and rivals will stoop to all means to discredit their rivals.

Not that I'm shedding any tears for OCUK though, it's likely the Directors are all stinking rich :D

As I said - no bias, just writing here as things have gone down.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They were down earlier, I can confirm.

Site maintenance; problems.... who knows?

Reaction score
There a nghtmare

There a nghtmare last friday AT 11.15AMi i odered 3 things from the site payed for the next day?And you know what am steel waiting for it.They did not e-mail me or any thing so on monday i called them up AT 315 PM i sed looks whats going on then the man on the phone gos 1 of yours parts is out of stock i sed when i oder it all 3 things were in stock then he sed hmm well its not in now so i sed ok chage it the the blue 1 then he gos ok i sed to him y din't know 1 tell me about this befor he had na thing to say. I then asked when shod i be geting my stuff then he gos 2mo i sed ok.He did say i cod get a refund on my next day post chage So i e-mail thme asking for this all i get is air about 5 hr later a e-mail back saying you need to e-mail sum 1 eles for this so i did and haver had na thing back...Don't say you can do sum thing if you can't do it ...

Reaction score
Hi there,

In my case they were a bit of a nightmare.
Bought something from them, don't recall exactly what but I think it was a graphics card.
Selected it, paid for it and the delivery was supposed to be the next day. I did not receive the item within those few days, and after a week I emailed them to which they coldly replied that the item wasn't in stock so if I wanted it I'd have to wait at least 2 weeks more.
Obviously I wish they had told me about the lack of stock, that would have saved me all the numerous emails and phone calls I had to make to get a refund and the order cancelled.
I will not buy from them again.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It would appear their biggest fault is the same thing I addressed in an earlier post - the fact that if one item is out of stock your whole order isn't sent and you as a customer aren't notified of the non-delivery.

This happens whether you've ordered just the one item or a hundred.

It also means many customers will stay in all day waiting for a delivery that will never arrive that day.

This really is an area OCUK should sort out as it's destroying confidence. All it would take is an e-mail asking you:

1) Would you like to wait until all items are in stock before despatch?
2) Would you like to cancel the order for the non-stock items and have the rest of the order sent?
3) Would you like to cancel the entire order?
4) Would you like to re-order with a substitute item for the non-stock item?

Simple. And it would instill customer faith.

OCUK are mugging themselves with this issue.

I've had splendid service from E-Buyer recently, just a shame their stock isn't as varied and/or unique as OCUK's.

And apart from a six week rma at Christmas time :mad: Scan have been quite ok as well.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Reading all your tales of woe it seems that an email to a director or someone high up, not one of the managers or general staff pointing in the direction of this thread could work wonders...

Flopp's suggestions sound like common sense to me and a word in the right ear may just make it happen...

It sounds like it wouldn't take to much to implement those suggestions into there daily routine, but as we all know certain staff get set in there ways and don't want change even if its for the better, and some are just to plain lazy to be bothered to implement any changes..It sounds like they need a little guidance and a little kick to the rear to wake them up now before its to late and they lose there hardcore customers..

Just a thought...;)

Reaction score
I have to say, even after all the reviews and comments I have heard and read, it has slightly improved and is getting better, I've never had any problems - probably because I have only just started to use them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have had no problems with anything about overclockers. The paint on the keyboard i bought (G15) had wore off a bit. Struggeld to call but they eventually answerd then told me to call logitech and that was all good. Never had a faulty product

Reaction score
I have had no problems with anything about overclockers. The paint on the keyboard i bought (G15) had wore off a bit. Struggeld to call but they eventually answerd then told me to call logitech and that was all good. Never had a faulty product

Dude. there is not smoke without fire.

I have been using overclockers for nearly 4 years and have spent in excess of £4000 with them. I have spread the good word that overclockers are fantastic and you can't go wrong..... well.... that was until 2 months ago

I brought a Graphics Card for £450 and put the card in my computer and it was fantastic... then within two-three weeks the computer would freeze and I would have to power the computer down and restart again. this started slowly, happening about 1-2 times a day then it happened more often.... then one day the computer froze and then would not start again... had three beeps instead of the usual one beep. looked this up and this pointed to the memory. swapped this and did not boot up so then I changed the graphics card and then my computer booted up.

I posted this card back to overclockers with an RMA number and it came back within 10 days with no fault. I put hits in my computer and it booted up... wow... I felt a bit of a tit... but then within a week it started to play up again and then it produced the same beeps. I drove from Nottingham to stoke because I needed the graphics card as the one I was using had a faulty fan.

I was there for about an hour and they tested the card and the tech guy came out and said that the card would not post but that it looks like the graphics card had been dropped (a small bit of paint had been chipped from the chasse) and would need to be posted back to the manufacturer. I agreed that this could be returned and this was on the 12/11/08. it's now 13/12/08 and no card.

I have called them about 4 days ago and they said that he would chase this up with the manufacture and send an email. HAHAHAHAHAHA. should have know. spoke to the same person again, yesterday and he said that there is no update from the manufacturer. I asked how long it would take to get the card back and he said to wait another 1-2 weeks. HE HEHE. I think that they sent the card to Santa and he is bringing it.

I'm going to drive to the shop and speak to the manager as this is totally unacceptable.

My conclusion is that once they have your money then they aint bothered about you. they will say do anything to keep that product sold regardless of the inconvenience you have to go through. I aint shopping there again

Last edited:

Ask a Question