Overclockers UK - Nightmare or not?

Reaction score
My advice is avoid. I have recently built my computer with components from these guys. I made the mistake of buying a pre clocked bundle that refused to boot. And when I got this to stand up I discovered that it was not fitted with 8GB of ram I had paid for but x2 2GB. I removed each stick to confirm that each was 2GB. Not happy, I drove there, a 240 mile round trip to resolve this and they said that it was faulty memory. I refused to accept this as I know enough to establish the story I was being told was lies and they basically said look its been fixed so what is your problem. AVOID!

Reaction score
Avoid this company like the plauge. New graphix card arrives security seal broken. Installed card thinking it may have been returned goods. Screen locks up for 4-6 sec at a time trying to get them to accept an RMA with the correct fault details is impossible fault description 1: customer changed mind. fault description 2: contains no description of the real fault i was complaining about. Have to get trading standards involved and have the card tested before returning product for a full refund. Obviously faulty card had been returned to them previously by another customer.

Same as the customer above been fed lies and avoiding tactics.

Recemtly been bought out by Afinum. Wonder if they know what they have got into or maybe they only care about the bottom line.

Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sounds like it won't be to long before this bunch of cowboys are out of business! :nod:

5UB

Reaction score
Here we go. A stab in the dark.

I have noticed this long thread regarding our service, some good and bad.

If you have a current issue please send me a PM and I shall look into it for you. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah Mr 5UB. Nice to see you over here. :)

Like i've said throughout this thread, my service with OcUK has been almost faultless. I've had issues yes, but they have always been sorted promptly.

I had the packaging issues back when i have bought previous graphics cards, but the 670 i bought recently was packed how it should be, heres the post i made on the OcUK forums about it.... :)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18394384

Just thought i'd update this thread with what happened when i bought my new 670...

As you may have read above when i got my 580 it was poorly packaged to say the least..

The 670 however was very well packaged! :)

uqZ1d.jpg

ZQ6YR.jpg

Well done guys for getting it sorted. :)

5UB

Reaction score
I am glad all is sorted on that.

If anyone here has any recent issues I would like to hear them. :)

Reaction score
On my third week of a possible 28 days waiting for my Teamgroup Ram to be RMAed, the level of customer service has been terrible from webnotes not being properly read or poorly replied to and the low turn around speed of the RMA itself.

I have been using overclockers exclusively since 2009 and refer nearly everyone in the market for components that i've met to order from them, on slaes I often enjoyed the free haribo and the odd fan or whatever they decided to throw in, but the slow RMA and customer service is alarming.

I am a indie game developer, and not having my main workstation up and going is effecting my current development cycle and overall progress, but beyond this as I look to expand to a larger team I am going to need hardware, it is looking less likely I will be using overclockers to fulfill that need as while I love their selling services and their prices are decent the customer service and RMA turn around probably isn't going to suit my needs at this point, and I am more willing right now to shop around and see what retailer might.

So this has been a learning experience,first you don't know your retailer until you have a problem, and second judge all future hardware purchases based around direct manufacturer RMA turn around speed and reported quality of service.

Overall it is disappointing but at the same time enlightening, at least I didn't just drop a ton of money on some new machines have some faulty part in all of them and be sitting round with a bunch of newly hired employees and no machines for a month.

Reaction score
I loved overclockers for years built all my system from parts there but as soon as I get a very expenses board and it now again started rebooting over and over I sent it back on RMA and they send it back weeks later with a note saying dirty bent pins void warranty now I have no board that don't work at all they damaged my board so they would not have to cover the cost of replacing it not happy and tried to put back in my case and the board is bent as well untrustworthy and I wonder how much of a bonus they get for rejecting RMA

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Have you tried their customer service section of the forum? Bailey and 5UB etc are great to deal with. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I sent it back on RMA and they send it back weeks later with a note saying dirty bent pins void warranty
And this is the main reason if I ever have to RMA something why I take photo's of what ever is going back and photo's go with what ever is been reurned so they can't come up with BS excuses like bent pins

Reaction score
And this is the main reason if I ever have to RMA something why I take photo's of what ever is going back and photo's go with what ever is been returned so they can't come up with BS excuses like bent pins

Hi lucky I have a HTC m8 which lucky it uploaded my pic and vids to my google plus account timed and dated even the location I have got in contact with a small claims solicitor who will be sending them a letter if they ignore or take no responsibility for the damage he is willing to put in a application to the court for damages loss of earning as I build epos system and update the price list each year and not having the computer to keep up with me has slowed progress down a lot
I had hoped Overclockers was a good company been dealing with them for years and have had know problem with them I all ways rated them as the best and recommended them to shops to buy there system as they seemed reliable i'm using one now I built for a shop years ago with know problems
but now I can't ever buy from them again because of this and I loved my computer and overclockers and now have to find a new company to buy parts from

Ask a Question