Overclockers UK - Nightmare or not?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
know your rights

The Sale of Goods Act makes reference to ‘the seller’, this is the shop, the retailer, or the individual you bought it from, and is who you made the contract with.

It is not the manufacturer, and don’t let the shop tell you otherwise!

If there is an obvious fault with the item at any time within the first 6 months and it has not been caused by wear and tear or misuse, your first port of call must be the shop you bought it from.

They have the responsibility to put the matter right, and should not evade this responsibility by referring you to the manufacturer in the context of a guarantee or warranty.

Even after this 6 month period, if the item breaks down prematurely , you should always go back to the shop or retailer in the first instance.

Your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act take precedence over and above any warranty or guarantee you may have with either the retailer or manufacturer. It is misleading for a shop to tell you they can do nothing simply because their warranty or guarantee has run out, because you will still have your statutory rights. See our section on guarantees and extended warranties for more info.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/shops-responsibility/

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/articles/Consumer-Advice/Consumer_Rights_and_the_Law/

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
RGN01 said:
floppybootstomp, I have the emails and my copies of the webnotes to prove what I've said is correct. I'll consider publishing them if necessary to prove what I've said is correct - but only after I've pursued whatever action I need to follow as I may have to take it to small claims court if I don't get this resolved to my satisfaction.

The motherboard was faulty and not my fault or they/Asus would not have replaced it.

Their problem is the way they deal with you on the phone and their attitude - and unforunately this only becomes apparent when you have a problem with a component. They seem to firmly believe that they have 28 days to turn a warranty claim arround - and that they absolutely must use every day of that 28!

Richard

I hear you.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
The Intel LGA 775 processors didnt have pins, it was the motherboard which had the pins. Strange design to say the least >_>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_775

Blimey :blush:

Well I never.

Ya learn something everyday eh?

And I actually have one of those combos.

If that guy ever comes back he is hereby entitled to thrash me soundly to within an inch of my life using only a wet lettuce leaf.

Reaction score
What do i do

Well i've been trapped by these bugger too....

Went this morning to buy a Tosh n200-12 claims open box.

So i get one out of stores, checki it over and all looks nice, open the lid and a piece of paper states that you need to enter "start windows normally" on initial start up..

So we get a second one out of stores to see if thats the same ! It was, and i didn't check it over from damage like i did the first one ! And there lies the problem as we put it back in the box, closed the lid and i took that one with me.

Got it home....started to reg the software to find that there was damage to either side of the case...So back in the box it went...

The took it in the back to check it over, and came out saying that there was damage to the hard drive, "like it has been dropped" they said.

I quickly pointed out that i had not dropped it and that it was taken from here like that.....

There excuse from the sales mamager, was that the TECH manager would need to make the final decission on monday...!

I would like to be armed before i go...can anyone offer any advise....

i tried Citizens advice etc, but saturday after noon they are closed...

looking over the internet i see there lots of issues with these people...

My worry is that will refuse to change it and claim that i dropped it !

cheers

Ian

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just remain calm and dont loose your rag. As soon as you start shouting and swearing they instantly have the upper hand as they will see you as unreasonable!

Reaction score
I dont think I will ever use Overclockers from the comments of this site and others, it seems that there is a lot of disquiet how they treat their customers. Buyer beware I think.:(

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
It's crazy such a big popular firm with so many unsatisfied customers and they only have themselves to blame with there lack of looking after the customer! Surely it should be a retailers main aim!

Its a real shame as they have the best selection of PC hardware in the UK, no other on-line retailer comes close.

They should really invest in some customer service advisor's to kick there own in house team into shape and get the name of overclockers into the good side. It seems like no matter how much money you spend with them they treat you the same, without a care! Maybe its because of lack of staff or bad management, either way somethings going to give sooner or later with them.

Reaction score
It is only we the general public keep ordering from them, they wouldn't last two minutes in the USA they expect and get customer service and if they don't get it they sue. It is no good having the best selection of PC hardware if they send out faulty parts and their RMA and customer service is bad. You are better to go to another supplier and pay a bit more and get the service you the customer deserve. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole after hearing the complaints on this site and others, some sites have pages and pages of complaints about them. They obviously have not heard of staff training and proper control of those staff, and probably pay min wage to the staff they have got. Pay peanuts get monkeys.:wall:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
OCUK have become arrogant. They know they're popular and they probably have a huge turnover but they think everybody's out to con them, it seems.

Their reluctance to play fair will probably be their downfall.

As I've said before, I'd used them for years, only ever had one slight problem in all that time, mostly they were good, rma's and all, but I cannot ignore the evergrowing sense of disquiet about their arrogant attitude and lack of care when it comes to customer care.

E-Buyer once had that attitude but it seems they listened and now they're a very fair trading company. Result: Increased sales.

I've made my last purchase from OCUK.

Ok, stuck record but Uncle Flops recommends:

First and foremost: Kustom PC's (Yes, they cost a little more but a great bunch of guys based in Scotland)

And, I use:

E-Buyer
Aria
Chillblast
Scan

In that order of preference.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I doubt I'd use overclockers again,Ii was a little naive when it came to purchasing my system, no doubt it was a bargain and i couldn't get it cheaper else where, but i would of rather paid the extra £50 or more to go somewhere else where they actually care about the customers!

Remember that the customer is always right.

CSB

Reaction score
I'd love to see them featured on Watchdog with some behind the scenes footage of what they get up to. maybe we should all e mail and ask them to look into it lol. got plenty of true stories by the looks of things.

Flops can be our leader and we can all have modified voices and be in silhouette as they interview us lol

I would have got my Asus Sabertooth mobo from Overclock but they don't stock it, well I couldn't find it.

CSB

Reaction score
Oh I will Reefsmoka, you can guarantee it, I have to say though that I am worried about my New mobo as I have no way of testing it untill I have the rest of the kit and build it

Did you by any chance get your email replys from a bloke called Sam ?. I did, and what I have to say about him you'd have to wash my mouth out after. he's meant to be representing the management. Says it all doesn't it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, though to this day i have not had a major issues form OcUK yet, i cant say that this kind of thing doesn't worry me...

I will honestly have to think twice about using them again, even with my free next day shipping that i get from them.

Reaction score
I have seen all the complaints on this site and others and I don't think, no I will rephrase that, I will NEVER, Never, ever use Overclockers so now they have lost a potential customer, as I have often looked at there site and nearly purchased from them in the past :(

Reaction score
You know when you just read a thread, then think OH CRAP!?

Used OC about 5yr ago without hassle, no fault. So last week I was browsing their site and noticed they do finance so ordered £800 worth of stuff. (With the intention of paying off early) Finance has been passed and im due delivery on sat.(Has to be delivered to home addy) Everything said it was in stock and staus is now 'In Warehouse queue.'

I want to believe overclockers are still good but I will let you know on saturday/sunday! If i'd read all the reviews first I probably wouldnt have ordered the kit.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
stevedorset said:
You know when you just read a thread, then think OH CRAP!?

Used OC about 5yr ago without hassle, no fault. So last week I was browsing their site and noticed they do finance so ordered £800 worth of stuff. (With the intention of paying off early) Finance has been passed and im due delivery on sat.(Has to be delivered to home addy) Everything said it was in stock and staus is now 'In Warehouse queue.'

I want to believe overclockers are still good but I will let you know on saturday/sunday! If i'd read all the reviews first I probably wouldnt have ordered the kit.

I was in the same boat as you, i'd already ordered and was waiting for delivery before i came across all the horror stories of overclockers uk. Its hard to find a good review written up by someone but you can find literally hundreds of bad reviews of overclockers!

Reaction score
well slight update

me being me (ie. paranoid) i looked into dpd's website to find they are suspending/delaying deliveries round my area due to backlog/impending bad weather doh!

i was going for a sat delivery (as need to be at home address, being finance order)

anyway rang overclockers, on hold for about 5min then got through. Spoke to the guy and he rang dpd, they suggested doing a normal week day delivery, knowing it will be delayed (but im off all next week, and can collect from local depot if need be) so i went ahead with that, confirmed all items deffo in stock.

Got a dispatch email few hours later

So far good customer service.

Now only 2 things to worry about, have they sent the right items and do they work? will update you within a week or so!

Ask a Question