Outlook 2003 - cannot get out of safe mode

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Installation' started by johnt, Mar 1, 2010.

  1. johnt

    johnt Guest

    When starting Outlook 2003 I get a message to say that it encountered a
    problem and needs to close - send error report or dont send. Either response
    brings up another dialog box advising that Outlook failed to start correctly
    last time and that I should start in safe mode to help correct or isolate a
    start up problem etc. Choices are - do you want to start Outlook in safe
    mode - yes or no.
    The no response returns me to the previous dialogue box while the yes
    response starts up Outlook in safe mode with all of its limitations (eg, not
    able to attach a file with an outgoing email message).
    When closing Outlook in safe mode and starting it up again I get the same
    messages and keep going around in a loop!!!
    The question is how can I get out of this loop and start up in normal mode?
    Have repaired Microsoft Office through add/remove/change programs - have
    done the same through the Inbox repair tool - have also tried detect and
    repair from the safe mode but stiil have the same problem.
    Is there any genius out there that can provide me with some guidance? Your
    help would be most appreciated

    johnt

    johnt, Mar 1, 2010

  2. johnt

    DL Guest

    Check what add-ins are installed, disable any none MS addins, likely one is
    causing the problem.

    DL, Mar 1, 2010

  3. johnt

    johnt Guest

    Thanks DL but I have no add-ins.
    COM add-ins in Tools/options/advanced options has nothing
    The add-in manager shows ESET Outlook plugin and Exchange extensions
    propoerty pages both with unchecked boxes for install.
    Any other ideas other than a stick of gelli? - Yes the frustrations are
    leading me to this option:)
    The major problem of using Outlook in safe mode is that it won't let me send
    file attachments

    johnt, Mar 1, 2010
  4. "johnt" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks DL but I have no add-ins.
    > COM add-ins in Tools/options/advanced options has nothing
    > The add-in manager shows ESET Outlook plugin and Exchange extensions
    > propoerty pages both with unchecked boxes for install.
    > Any other ideas other than a stick of gelli? - Yes the frustrations are
    > leading me to this option:)
    > The major problem of using Outlook in safe mode is that it won't let me send
    > file attachments

    Remove the ESET plug in and try again.

    Why can't you send attachments in safe mode?
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Mar 2, 2010