Organization Chart Server application????

When opening an org chart in Powerpoint 2003, am getting the following dialogue:

"The Microsoft Organization Chart server application can't be found. Contact your system adminstrator to install this server application".

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Am not a heavy powerpoint user and don't have a clue what this means. On-line knowledgebase turned up no information on this.

Glen Millar

Hi,

Information here should help:

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com

JPA said:
When opening an org chart in Powerpoint 2003, am getting the following dialogue:

"The Microsoft Organization Chart server application can't be found.
Contact your system adminstrator to install this server application".
Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Am not a heavy powerpoint
user and don't have a clue what this means. On-line knowledgebase turned
up no information on this.

Echo S

This is the part of the link Glen gave that's relevant for you, JPA.

If you run into this error message in PowerPoint 2003, it's because Office
2003 no longer includes Org Chart, so it's unable to invoke Org Chart to
edit org charts on slides created in earlier versions of PowerPoint.

Microsoft has a rather confusing explanation of this at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826835 , but have a
look anyhow. The downloadable Org Chart 2 utility will probably solve the
problem. The article talks about OPX files, but when we tested it here, it
enabled us to edit Org Charts in PowerPoint 2003.

Glen Millar

WOW! Quick Response.......
You got lucky. I was reading your post while waiting for my computer to
interpolate to raster ;-)

Please holler if you need to, well, re-holler.