    the monitor displays only red and white squiggly lines....
    Anybody ever had this happen to them before?
    THanks!

    erika storlie, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Boot into safe mode and change your video settings. Go with the lowest settings your video card will allow and work up from there in
    steps until you're satisfied or until your video faults again.

    Start at 640X480 with 256 colours and a refresh rate of 60 Hz.

    Colon Terminus, Nov 17, 2003

  3. I changed the settings to 640X480, 256, but after the
    boot, it is still going to a blank screen with distorted
    images and locking up....

    $...

    erika storlie, Nov 18, 2003