NTBACKUP

Please Help!

How can I troubleshoot the NTBACKUP Tool on Windows 2003 Server? The NT
BACKUP tool does not start. Each time I type NTBACKUP at the RUN or select
it to start, it does not start.

Pegasus \(MVP\)

"Junior Network Administrator" <Junior Network
Please Help!

How can I troubleshoot the NTBACKUP Tool on Windows 2003 Server? The NT
BACKUP tool does not start. Each time I type NTBACKUP at the RUN or select
it to start, it does not start.

- Click Start / Run
- Type cmd {OK}
- Type ntbackup

What do you see?

The command line goes back to what it was: c:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator>

No error messages comes up

Pegasus \(MVP\)

There are now some serious doubts about the integrity
of your server. I recommend this:

1. Scan your PC with an external virus scanner, e.g.
on www.antivirus.com ("free online scan")

2. Download, install & run a spyware/malware killer,
e.g. AdAware.

3. Start a Command Prompt and type these commands:
cd /d c:\Windows\system32
dir ntbackup.exe
ntbackup.exe
Use copy & paste to place the whole screen into your reply.

4. Run tlist.exe>c:\tasks.txt or pulist.exe>c:\tasks.txt, then paste
the contents of c:\tasks into your reply.

"Junior Network Administrator"