Nortons liveupdate problem

Reaction score
I have nortons internet security 2007 installed on laptop (Vista home premium).
Liveudate was working fine with dialup modem. Since I changed to ADSL broadband liveupdate will not work, it gets in a few bars and just sits there (no error message).

It will still work if I connect via dial up modem. The point it hangs is where it would dial into the internet if no modem connnection was present.

Ive been working on this for 3 days trying things suggested by Symantec (mostly rubisbh suggestions). They seem to have no idea.

Ive completely removed the Security software with symantecs software removal tool and reinstallled it plus alll the updates via dial up, also tried Nortons 360 but same problem.

Any sugestions?

The Wii Fii ASDL modem has a built in firewall, which cant be completely removed but Ive enabled just about everything it it to be allowable so I dont think that would be the issue. Plus its a standard modem provided by Telstra Australia.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
Try re-installing Norton?
laughingsmiley.gif

Well, you are correct ... but, he did that already ... ouch!

user.gif

Ask a Question