Nic

Reaction score
My Laptop Ibm 1161 Can Not Connect To Internet Using Lan.the Laptop Is Using Win Xp And On Pentium Iii.ihave Just Installed The Microsoft Loopback Adapter Card But It Can Not Connect.what Might Be The Problem And How Do I Go About It?.

Reaction score
As long as your NIC is installed properly you won't need to install anything else.
1) Your system should pick up an IP address, Subnet, Gateway and DNS (not always DNS) from your DHCP server (another system or router). Your browser should be set not to dial and to use the network.

2) As above but the details must be manually entered. No DHCP server is active.

3) Either of above but your network uses a proxy. You must enter the proxy details into your browsers settings.

4) Your firewall could be blocking DNS calls (often people click on the popup and block DNS calls). To test this, disable your firewall.

I could go on.... but unless your gonna give more details like ip details obtained/entered, drivers etc I won't.

I leave you with the usual "How long is a piece of string?"

Ask a Question