is this is dns problem

Reaction score
Hey guys.i have purchased one ibm x series server dual network adapter card with win 2k3 server installed & have a netgear router .now I want to setup a domin, which I already did but my problem is that my laptops is not able to ping my server.

Router ip.192.168.1.1
Server ip 192.168.1.3
Laptop ip 192.168.1.5

With d same subnet mask. & my gateway is my router ip & Laptop dns is static 192.168.1.3

1) Can anybody tell me do I have to make any changes to the DNS configure by default so that my laptop can ping to my server & my server is pinging my laptop. Laptop is able to ping router but not server.

2) Sometimes my laptop ping the server but does not resole my domain name.

3) do I have to disable one LAN card option…or this is use for load balancing …sorry guys dnt have any idea on dual card

So the problem is with server configuration or with my laptops. Is there is any changes I have to do to router .it is basicall GUI router by netgear.

Ny help is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance to you guys 

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Sorry I can't be of any help to upi. But I would suggest removing any IP addresses from your post.. :)

Reaction score
Look at the letters next to "y-o-u" on your keyboard.

I wouldn't worry about the IP addresses, Evan... from what I've seen so far, this isn't Anonymous.

Ask a Question