New Vuescan version

Robert Feinman

Vuescan has a new version which allows setting exposure and
color balance separately for each frame when doing a batch
scan.

I can't figure out how to lock exposure so that all the frames
are scanned with the same parameters as in the prior versions.
This in needed when scanning multiple frames for stitching
into a panorama.

Another feature is that switching between frame previews is
now instantaneous as is redrawing after doing a rotation.

Don

Vuescan has a new version

With all of the old bugs.
I can't figure out how to lock exposure so that all the frames
are scanned with the same parameters as in the prior versions.

And, predictably, new bugs.

As always, thanks for the spam, Robert! We don't get enough of it. The
new twist of pretending to be a "simple user" doesn't fool anyone.

Don.

Bruce

Don,

I wouldn't respond but I do think it important to point out that your
irrational attacks both misinform people who come here for information
and drive away some the the most knowledgeable contributers.

Maris V. Lidaka Sr.

You don't like Vuescan, others do. Do you really have nothing better to do
than to post a put-down of Vuescan every time it's mentioned? Even to
merely advise of an update?

Take a deep breath - take a walk. Don't start another flame war.

Don

You don't like Vuescan, others do.

No, what I don't like is spam. As others have repeatedly pointed out
this is *not* a VueScan support group. For that go to:

alt.comp.periphs.scanners.vuescan

Or ask the VueScan author to set up something on the site.
Do you really have nothing better to do
than to post a put-down of Vuescan every time it's mentioned?

Don't shoot the messenger for merely pointing out *objective facts*
i.e. the many VueScan bugs and correcting misleading statements.
Don't start another flame war.

You should address that to the rabid VueScan "fans" hurling insults
(see parallel messages).

Indeed, I stop a flame war by ignoring them and only responding to
civilized messages even when they're blatantly wrong on all counts.

Don.

Bruce

Don,

As usual, you started it. As usual you came with a personal attack
accusing Robert of 1. spamming, and 2. misrepresenting himself for
nefarious motives. Your most common personal attack is to accuse
Viewscan users, many of whom are serious professionals, of being
ignorant of or not caring about their image quality. You keep poking
people like this and when you get an angry response you claim innocence
and turn to others and say "see how they attacked me!".

PS: A quick look on the web shows that Robert D. Feinman is a very well
respected fine art photographer who's panoramas are praised at places
like Shutterbug Magazine and digicamsoft, and who's tutorials are linked
to by SilverFast's website. (and as Don well knows, a frequent
contributer to this group)

Ralf R. Radermacher

Bruce said:
Don,

As usual, you started it.

Good grief! Is he still at it?

What a miserable life he must be leading to carry on like this for
years. Poor sod, really.

Ralf

Ralf R. Radermacher

Henk de Jong said:
Please ignore Don: he is a troll...

I know. He's been among the crown jewels of my killfile for years. Just
noticed from other peoples' responses that he is still on his notorious
crusade.

Ralf

Roger S.

Ralf said:
I know. He's been among the crown jewels of my killfile for years. Just
noticed from other peoples' responses that he is still on his notorious
crusade.
Agreed, his crusade against Vuescan is pretty sad.

Anyway, I haven't tried the latest version of Vuescan, and am somewhat
wary about major changes. Does anyone have advice for our original
poster?

Don

As usual, you started it.

Huh!? I didn't post the spam. I'm sorry Bruce but you're once again
having trouble with the most elementary facts:

I didn't post the spam. Robert did. *Repeatedly*! Check the archives.
PS: A quick look on the web shows that Robert D. Feinman is a very well
respected fine art photographer

Huh!? Where in my message did I ever say anything about Robert's
photography and what does that any of that have to do with posting
spam? Again, trouble with the most basic facts, I'm afraid:

Spam is spam regardless of who posts it!

==> As always: *Read* my message. Don't *read into*! <==

Don.

Golden

What a miserable life he must be leading to carry on like this for

I'll tell ya what's miserable. It's all the clueless morons who only
come out of the woodwork to mob a guy who's been ignoring them for
years.

For goodness sakes, all your backslapping and trying to outdo each
other at insulting him while he just IGNORES you is PATHETIC.

That annoys the rest of us far more than he alone can ever do. Geddit?
Man, what a bunch!

Golden.

Ralf R. Radermacher

Golden said:
For goodness sakes, all your backslapping and trying to outdo each
other at insulting him while he just IGNORES you...

He does *what*?
That annoys the rest of us.

The rest of you. Sure. Never noticed you here, before. What was your
claim to fame again?

Ralf

Bruce

Golden,

The problem is that Don doesn't ignore them. He leads with direct or
passive attacks and insults and starts the ball rolling. I agree that
this does not bring out the best in the people responding.

This time he has put himself in charge, belittled the poster and
declared that posts in this group about ViewScan are spam. Interesting,
as historically he is the #1 poster here on that subject.

Roger S.

From: Henk de Jong - view profile
Date: Mon, May 29 2006 3:16 pm
Email: "Henk de Jong" <[email protected]>
Groups: comp.periphs.scanners
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Please ignore Don, he is a troll...
With kind regards,
Henk de Jong

And fortunately, said troll has no ability to dictate what we can and
can't write about in this newsgroup.

Wayne

Golden,

The problem is that Don doesn't ignore them. He leads with direct or
passive attacks and insults and starts the ball rolling. I agree that
this does not bring out the best in the people responding.

This time he has put himself in charge, belittled the poster and
declared that posts in this group about ViewScan are spam. Interesting,
as historically he is the #1 poster here on that subject.

Golden is merely an anonymous posting from Google, apparently the only
posting ever from that ID. Which causes very easy speculation here about
the actual source.

I fully agree with the earlier comment about crown jewel of the kill file,
which instantly reminded me of smh in alt.comp.periphs.cdr, which ranks at
the top of my own kill file. Poor sick sole has been at it for years. A
different style than Don, but the same craziness, in that both launch
immediate and incessant anonymous tirades at each and every casual
mention, always attacking the same one person with garbage. One wonders
what event occurred to have changed their lives so much. IMO, anonymity
is a problem of usenet, esp when coupled with sickness.

Golden

For goodness sakes, all your backslapping and trying to outdo each
He does *what*?

IGNORES you! You of all people should know that better than most.

About the time I joined here you were in the middle of a tiff with him
and that technical guy. They wiped the floor with you and you then
spent weeks sulking and dogging them both only to be IGNORED.

So you can now put on airs all you want but it's all hot air. And sour
grapes.
The rest of you. Sure.

Yeah, SURE! He has helped hundreds of guys, how many have you helped?
All I've ever seen from you are put downs and snide remarks.

You betcha that annoys the rest of us!

The trouble is the people he helps thank him and leave. The few
clueless morons with chips on their shoulder stick around, don't
contribute anything and only crawl out to swarm like a pack of
vultures.
Never noticed you here, before.

There's a lot you don't notice.

Golden

Golden

The problem is that Don doesn't ignore them.

Hello? Yes, HE DOES!

Just look at this thread for goodness sake. How many have called him a
troll? 5-6? And how many of those he responded to? Zilch! Zero! Nada!
Nix! A big fat "O"!

Yup, that's ignoring them all right! Not only that but it makes the lot
of them trolls.
I agree that
this does not bring out the best in the people responding.

There you go. At the very least you lot should take a leaf out of his
book and NOT RESPOND with pointless garbage!

I tried asking you lot nicely last time but here we go again. I'm fed
up with twits in a feeding frenzy like a pack of piranhas every time he
posts anything. They don't contribute anything but just lay in wait.

Whoopty-do. A clueless mob can throw insults at a guy who's ignoring
them. Wow! What an accomplishment. We are all in awe of you. NOT!

Doggedly attacking a defenseless guy knowing darn well he won't
respond. Boy, what a brave and clever bunch you are.

Enough already. Man!

Golden