New Sharp 19" LCD with 16ms Response

*Vanguard*

"DaveW" said in news:5t8%b.403535$xy6.2304013@attbi_s02:
Just posted on Tom's Hardware was this blurb about the newest Sharp
19" LCD with a non-ghosting 16msec Response time. Awesome.
http://www.sharpsystems.com/news/press_releases/release.asp?press=51

No point in mentioning Tom's Hardware web site as an authority regarding
something he said without a link on *that* web site. Please provide a link
on Tom's site so we really know *he* said it.

Also, 16ms is leading edge for LCDs but is still only the equivalent of 62Hz
refresh rate. This is assuming the refresh time specified is the full on to
full off time for a pixel, not from some thresholds less than full on and
off (most of these numbers for LCDs are lying to you). When they get to 8ms
(real) then they'll be equivalent to CRTs. Maybe in another year.

George

You cannot doubt the speed of their marketing department...the press release
is dated NEXT Monday.

George