network problem

Reaction score
ive had to format the hard drive on the main computer at home as it was severely damaged, anyway i installed window again and everything else i needed(anti-virus e.t.c)... and tried setting up my network... now the thing thats REALLY baffled me is, all computers have registered each other and when i go into view network computers ALL computers appear, and i can see my internet connection through my other computers... but for some reason when i try use windows, msn or anything that needs internet on one of my other comps, they all act like there is no internet connection there, anybody any idea what might solve this???

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How exactly is the network set up? Are you using a router to access the internet, will all PCs connecting to that, or are you using internet sharing?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So, the internet works on your main PC but not on the others - and it worked on all of them before the format?

Reaction score
yeah it did... but i can go on any computer and browse files on the other comps, and the other 2 comps both register the internet connection is there, but its like they arent recieving any data from the internet

Reaction score
wait no, it did work, then just before the format it didnt work, but i didnt really think anything of it as i knew i was going to format anyway

Reaction score
i tried all i can think of, and done what i can with windows troubleshooter, but nothing is working n its really annoying me now :(

Ask a Question