Need help with Windows 2000 Server FAST!!!

Reaction score
I am a Network Admin running Windows 2000 Server. I am trying to manipulate network workstations from the server by opening SMALL BUSINESS SERVER PERSONAL CONSOLE and selecting COMPUTERS. In that window, I can view all the computers on my network. I receive the message below when selecting MANAGE COMPUTER in reference to the workstation named CHEVIS.

"The computer //CHEVIS cannot be managed. The network path was not found. Choose 'Connect to another Computer' from the Action menu to manage a different computer"

I'm also experiencing another issue when trying to manage OTHER computers.
When managing the workstation labeled JONATHAN, the management console actually opens. But upon opening SYSTEM INFORMATION, COMPONENTS, and then PRINTING on the console tree, it begins to 'refresh information' and then I get the below message:

"The connection to JONATHAN could not be established. Check to see that the network path name is correct, that you have sufficient permission to access Windows Management Instrumentation, and that the Windows Management Instrumentation service is started on the computer."

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated, as it is giving me quite a headache!!!

Joshua Gourgues

Ask a Question