    it. It is not like windows XP, which is easy for me to do. Or is there any
    way I can connect the two computers through network, windows 2000 advanced
    server and windows XP.

    Guest, Apr 5, 2007

  2. > Can somebody help me how to change the dynamic IP address to static IP
    > address of win 2000 advanced server? It gave me option to give the range
    > of
    > static IP addresses of the computers that I might connect but the computer
    > itself, the server, stayed at dynamic IP address and I am not able to
    > change
    > it.

    What do you mean you are not able to change it?

    Do you know *where* to change it but there is something preventing you from
    changing it when you try or you don't know where to change it?

    DDS

    Danny Sanders, Apr 5, 2007

    thank you for asking. You mentioned it right. I do not figure out where to
    change it. Where to change it and the steps how to change it would answer the
    problem and if I have to ping the other computer, win XP, which I already
    assigned static IP address to is for this purpose.

    Samson

    Guest, Apr 6, 2007
  4. Open control panel - network connections. Right click on the network
    connection you want to set the static IP address on and select properties.
    On the resulting screen, in the section that says this connection uses the
    following items, select Internet Protocol TCP/IP and click on the properties
    button. The next screen is where you can set IP address.

    hth
    DDS

    Danny Sanders, Apr 6, 2007

    That was what I did before. The potion it gives on that last screen is the
    range of IP addresses. It says type IP addresses from--------- to----------.
    It doesn’t even allow typing same IP address in both lines. I typed two
    different IP addresses and still the computers IP address remained dynamic
    and unchanged. This is unlike windows XP where at the last screen you
    mentioned gives you option to change IP address, subnet and gateway
    addresses.

    Samson

    Guest, Apr 6, 2007

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Sounds like you're setting up the scope for DHCP service.

    --

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]