Mx-2 ???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Anyone used it yet ???

I wanted some fans and paste and found the ones I was after on one site 2 x fans = tube of AS 5 for £23 inc post . Found another site that was £17 but it only offered MX-2 (their standard tube is bigger than AS 5).
Finally found a site that did the same order for £16 but that include a 3m printer cable so as that was a much better deal I went for it .

Read the reviews on MX-2 8 of them and it seemed a good product but I'm getting a bit nervous now as I have never heard anyone mention it on here .

http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/3568/39/1/0/

Thats a review link above .

user.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Well i think that everyone is always recommending Artic silver 5, that no round here (that i know of) has tried much of anything else. Of course you can break out of the mold, so to speak.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
MX-2 arrived today so I recon I'm going to try it out tonight
. Had to use Thermalright goo as I'd lost me AS5 but the cooler needs turning round as I put it in the wrong way round . I'll take some temp redings to see if there is a difference . It won't be a true test as I'm turning the cooler round to blow air from the downward facing fins on to the right part of the mobo , but I don't think that will affect the cpu temps by a great deal .

:)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
also many thermal products usually need some time to 'set'

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to trying the paste and would you belive it there was a slight change in the weather . One miute its freezing cold , had a cup of tea and the weather changed slightly and temps rose by a couple of degrees or more . So I don't know if the paste is better than the Thermalright or not .
The Thermalright was a little thin and messy in my opinion but seemed to give a decent temp reading .
The MX-2 was a little thicker but thinner than AS 5 so it was nice to apply . Given the air temp rise I recon that temps are pretty much the same as the Thermalright .
If I remember I'll post temps when I have had a chance to run at 100% .
Only time will tell if its a good performer but it has 3 good points , its twice the size of AS 5 for the same money , its non-conductive and its easy to use .

happywave.gif

Ask a Question