MX-19 a decent Windows 7 replacement.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
MX-19 Home Site

Released a short while ago MX-19 carries on and improves on the fine job of its predecessors. I have run MX-17 and MX-18 both on a pc and as a live usb. Both gave no problems in the year that I used them. I have installed MX-19 to my ToughBook and a live version to a usb3 stick. Both are running sweet and I expect them to do so until the next version comes around.
For anyone looking for a replacement to Windows 7 I can heartily recommend this fine distro. :cool:

MX-19 Feature Story by Jesse Smith

It is interesting to note that MX-19 has hit the number one spot over at Distro Watch so it has certainly generated quite a lot of interest in the public of late. The article above gives some excellent information on the distro.

Download Links Current Release: MX-19

I downloaded via torrent which only took a few minutes this helps to keep the costs down for the developers.

:cool:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I gave it a go booting from USB. Seems pretty fast on my PC. Only thing I didn't like was the taskbar up the left side of the screen. Tried moving it but no go. Maybe that's just a feature in the live version. will do a full install on my laptop tomorrow and see how that goes.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I gave it a go booting from USB. Seems pretty fast on my PC. Only thing I didn't like was the taskbar up the left side of the screen. Tried moving it but no go. Maybe that's just a feature in the live version. will do a full install on my laptop tomorrow and see how that goes.

I you can change the task bar by using MX TWEAKS . I run MX-19 from a usb on my Skylake pc but I set it to run from ram as I have 32 GB and it runs so fast I can not keep up with it. :lol:

Ask a Question