Music. What are you listening to right now?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Great song @EvanDavis! I'm a little traumatised by the sight of those blue velvet shorts and nobbly knees though, oo-er! :eek: :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've just taken delivery of a vinyl copy of Pearl Jam's No Code and am listening to that. I originally bought this on CD which I still have and it has very elaborate packaging. The vinyl copy has the same packaging but obviously is a lot bigger and has about ten 10" square prints - all rather good :)

Also just bought 5 classical LP's for a quid each from the local Hospice charity shop, have yet to listen to them:

Dvorak: Symphony No.5 from the New World (Deutsche Grammophone label)
Mendelssohn A Midsummer Night's Dream/The Hebrides Overture
Wagner - The Flying Dutchman - Overture / The Ride Of The Valkyries
Gershwin & Bernstein - Rhapsody In Blue & West Side Story:Symphonic Dances (Deutsche Grammophone label)
The Classic Experience Volume One (Double LP of various tracks and orchestras, I already have Volume 2)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ah, I love Rhapsody in Blue. I walked down the aisle to the 'slow bit'

(I walked in at around 53 secs)

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
I walked down the aisle...

Today's trivia bit: The Juhlamarssi (Festive March) from Erkki Melartin's ballet Sleeping Beauty — Op. 22 (1904) — is the most popular wedding march in Finland.

:fool:

Reaction score
Loved that Uncle Urmas, reminded me of my parents My Mother was a music teacher and church organist and my Dad played the theater organ in the 1920's and 30's in the local picture house and local church, ahh happy memories (but I cannot remember the Theater Organ before my time)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
About nine years ago I compiled ten CD's and called them the DGAF Volumes the first two words of the DGAF initials being Don't Give.... as in I don't care what anybody else thinks of my choice, I decided to put together a collection that are all favourites of mine.

Which means there's probably lots of tracks that many will consider absolute tosh. I played a few of these CD's yesterday evening. Here's just two songs from that collection, the first somehow reminds me of Modesty Blaise and the second is a Death In Vegas number that just happens to feature Paul Weller on vocals:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've always maintained if music entertains people then it's been worthwhile making that music so never feel ashamed at listening to whatever you like, and yes, even Perry Como ;) Magic Moments.......

I have the first two Lindisfarne LP's on Vinyl, Nicely Out Of Tune and Fog On The Tyne, both good albums in my humble opinion.

But, also in my humble opinion, everything they done thereafter never scaled those heights.

atm listening to Janis Joplin's 'Pearl'

Ask a Question