Music. What are you listening to right now?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
An interesting video Mr Urmas, somehow it reminded me of this, must be the piano.

One of my favourite ever Pink Floyd tracks, takes a little while to warm up. Written by the late Richard Wright, their keyboard player. To me, a very English offering, perhaps it's the trumpet.

Also for me, fond memories of waking up at a party in summer '70, laying on the living room carpet with no bedding while somebody was playing the LP this came from and the sun was streaming through some French windows overlooking a very nice garden.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Enjoy! Should be good, and right up your street I'd imagine. :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks! :) Weirdly I found out recently that my step-sister used to know Jenny Deacon (the small one with red hair). Small world!

Reaction score
Oh I liked that, poor bloke I wish I was in his shoes. Oh no at my age I would have a heart attack, on the other hand what a way to go.:nod::nod::lol::lol::thumb::thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Pink Floyd must be sending out subliminal waves over the ether. I'm busy putting music on to a usb stick so I can use it in me new wheels. Was listening to the above as I read the thread. :thumb:

An one of my all time favourites

Last edited:
Reaction score
I listened to both of those examples and they did nothing for me I suppose it is a question of taste I prefer music and lyrics to be more musical. I don't know how to explain it but I suppose I mean more musical and some thing to smooth the fevered brow, relaxing lyrical but Rock and roll and most electronic music except music in the vain of Vangellis is not my cup of tea, horses for courses I suppose and also a generational thing.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The Lounge Kittens gig last night was awesome! They were incredible live, and there was such a good atmosphere. One thing that really surprised me was the crowd - it was about 90% metal fans! I felt a bit out of place in heels and a teadress covered in cats. I know TLK cover a lot of metal etc, but I hadn't realised that metal fans would be into that as much as they are. There was even a guy at the front headbanging to three part harmony :D

We were up on the balcony:

The Lounge Kittens Mcr.jpg

Thanks again to @V_R for the recommendation :cheers:

Another surprise of the night was the warm up guy, he was awesome! His name is Jay Foreman, and here's a song he did:

:thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
He's a very talented guy! Also read a book by him called The Gun Seller which was great :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The Lounge Kittens gig last night was awesome! They were incredible live, and there was such a good atmosphere. One thing that really surprised me was the crowd - it was about 90% metal fans! I felt a bit out of place in heels and a teadress covered in cats. I know TLK cover a lot of metal etc, but I hadn't realised that metal fans would be into that as much as they are. There was even a guy at the front headbanging to three part harmony :D

Thanks again to @V_R for the recommendation :cheers:

I'm missed this before, glad you enjoyed it, looks like a nice intimate gig too. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm missed this before, glad you enjoyed it, looks like a nice intimate gig too. :)

Yeah it was - at a place called The Deaf Institute :lol: It's a nice little venue, and their food is great too :thumb:

Ask a Question