MSN Beta Search Engine

I have just downloaded the Beta Msn Messenger which comes with the new style
MSN beta search pages.. I hate it and want to return to the old style MSN
search.. I have unistalled Messenger but that hasn't changed the way MSN
searches.. How do I uninstall the beta style search engine?

Marianne

Hi Kelly,

What do you mean why am I posting here?
The Beta was on the MSN page so what is the problem?

Yes and there are plenty of other MSN related posts in this newsgroup as
well! and I am running XP.

Kelly,

I posted a question that I needed some help with, I do not know why you have
taken this attitude, that is your perogative I guess, Newsgroups are about
helping, not to be antagonistic or obtuse! I was NOT trying to make a point
(thin or otherwise) I have always found this XP newsgroup extremely willing
and helpful..

If anyone can help with my original question I would be most greatful.

Best Regards

Marianne

Kelly

My reply didn't have an attitude, it gave you direction which isn't pointing
here. Be offended if you may, but it was not my intention. However, follow
the previous path given/suggested.

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Ken Blake

In
Arianna said:
Kelly,

I posted a question that I needed some help with, I do not know
why
you have taken this attitude, that is your perogative I guess,
Newsgroups are about helping, not to be antagonistic or obtuse!
was NOT trying to make a point (thin or otherwise) I have
always
found this XP newsgroup extremely willing and helpful..

If anyone can help with my original question I would be most
greatful.

Arianna, It's not a matter of Kelly's "taking an attitude." What
she's trying to tell you is exactly right, and meant to help you.
There are a great many different newsgroups and each is
specialized. Asking an MSN question in a Windows XP newsgroup
isn't a good idea, for two reasons.

1. It clutters up this newsgroup with off-topic posts, and
therefore makes it harder for others to find the on-topic
information they're looking for.

2. You're addressing the wrong group of people. If you're lucky,
you may get an answer that helps you here, but you're much more
likely to get it in a group where the MSN experts hang out.

Also, note that some people will be offended by off-topic posts
and not help you even if they know the answer. I'm not among that
group, and would help you if I could, but the point is ultimately
that you are making it *harder* to get help, not easier.

And your reply to Kelly "there are plenty of other MSN related
posts in this newsgroup as well!" is a thin argument. It's like
saying it's OK to rob banks because plenty of other people do it
too. Just because somebody else does something wrong doesn't make
it OK for you to do it too.