Windows XP MS Works - GRrrrrrrr!!

Reaction score
Here again! Problems with MS Works, it's givin me a headache.
I am trying to open a word document in works by going to file, open and listing the file type i want. it seems to pick up the file, but then won't open as "there's not enough memory".

I have rebooted and opened only Works but it still gives the same message.

I can't have run out of memory, the computer is only a few months old!
Please don't ask me how much memory i have left as i don't know where to look - tell me what you need and whrer to look for the info and i can give it to you that way.

Please!

thanks
dramaqueen

Reaction score
what type of file are you trying to open?

and does it do the same when trying to open other docs of the same type?

J

Reaction score
cheers have tried the conversion, but doen't seem to do anything. i have come to the conclusion that i need to purchase Microsoft Office rather than Microsoft Works - less headaches!

Reaction score
Office is better than works, but can cost up to £300...

Do you know a teacher who can buy it for you?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It is a failing with some PC resellers that the "bundled software" is inappropriate for your needs ... but it looks good. :rolleyes:

You can get MSWord on its own at a reasonable price if you can persuade/proove to the seller that you are a Student or in education.

However, there are alternative out there. Have a look at OpenOffice it’s free and can read Office files. The download is 45mb and if you have broadband will only take a few minuets to download.

Other alternatives include [url=http://www.ability.com/]Ability Office[/url] has everything MS Office has and more. It also can read & write to MS Office, costs around £25 ... its an excellent cost effective alternative.

If you would like a copy of OpenOffice then PM me your address details.
:thumb:

Ask a Question