MS Money Cannot Install Autorun.inf Missing or Corrupt

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Installation' started by jrinkenb, Apr 25, 2009.

  1. jrinkenb

    jrinkenb Guest

    Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
    install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or corrupt".
    I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
    help?
     
    jrinkenb, Apr 25, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
    again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
    that you can run directly.

    --

    Dustin Harper
    http://www.mstechpages.com




    "jrinkenb" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
    > install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or
    > corrupt".
    > I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
    > help?
     
    Dustin Harper, Apr 25, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. jrinkenb

    jrinkenb Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded it several times with the same
    result. I also tried running the Setup directly. Then I downloaded it,
    expanded the files onto a CD, then tried installing from the CD. Same result
    every time. It's very odd.

    - Jon


    "Dustin Harper" wrote:

    > It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
    > again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
    > that you can run directly.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Dustin Harper
    > http://www.mstechpages.com
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "jrinkenb" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
    > > install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or
    > > corrupt".
    > > I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
    > > help?

    >
    >
     
    jrinkenb, Apr 26, 2009
    #3
  4. jrinkenb

    Microsoft Guest

    jrinkenb wrote:
    > Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded it several times with the same
    > result. I also tried running the Setup directly. Then I downloaded it,
    > expanded the files onto a CD, then tried installing from the CD. Same result
    > every time. It's very odd.
    >
    > - Jon
    >
    >
    > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
    >
    >> It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
    >> again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
    >> that you can run directly.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Dustin Harper
    >> http://www.mstechpages.com
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> "jrinkenb" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
    >>> install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or
    >>> corrupt".
    >>> I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
    >>> help?

    >>

    I'm quite sure the file on the download location is corrupt. I would
    rather consult or send an email to the support (if any) of that web site
    than attempt to make changes in the system you are using. It is not
    impossible to have corrupted files on download sites.
     
    Microsoft, Apr 26, 2009
    #4
  5. jrinkenb

    jrinkenb Guest

    Thanks very much! I will notify MS Money webmaster and see what happens.

    - Jon

    "Microsoft" wrote:

    > jrinkenb wrote:
    > > Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded it several times with the same
    > > result. I also tried running the Setup directly. Then I downloaded it,
    > > expanded the files onto a CD, then tried installing from the CD. Same result
    > > every time. It's very odd.
    > >
    > > - Jon
    > >
    > >
    > > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
    > >
    > >> It sounds like the download may be corrupt. Try redownloading it and trying
    > >> again. You might also check to see if there is a Setup.exe file in there
    > >> that you can run directly.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Dustin Harper
    > >> http://www.mstechpages.com
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> "jrinkenb" <> wrote in message
    > >> news:...
    > >>> Hello! I recently downloaded a trial version of MS Money Deluxe and can't
    > >>> install; I get a window that pops up saying "autorun.inf missing or
    > >>> corrupt".
    > >>> I'd like to try and buy but can't even do the former. Will someone please
    > >>> help?
    > >>

    > I'm quite sure the file on the download location is corrupt. I would
    > rather consult or send an email to the support (if any) of that web site
    > than attempt to make changes in the system you are using. It is not
    > impossible to have corrupted files on download sites.
    >
     
    jrinkenb, Apr 26, 2009
    #5
  6. jrinkenb

    mbgnet

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    actual fix is posted on Microsoft website, Autorun has been disabled for security purposes usually during a system update, to enable the autorun temporarily do the following fix. It requires a Registry edit, so before making the alterations backup the specific key by exporting to a "reg" file in a directory easy to find.

    I don't know if you've solved your problem, but I recently had this problem as well... I searched the internet like crazy, and when I came up with no results, I decided to search through the registry.
    I found a registry entry that was causing the problem:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf]
    With a value of:
    @="@SYS:DoesNotExist"

    You can double click on the backed up "blank_.reg" file as soon as you finish the install to restore the security settings.
     
    mbgnet, Jul 25, 2011
    #6
  7. jrinkenb

    mbgnet

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    You can replace the existing default value at this registry value with anything xxx or 000 and Autorun will work, afterwords replace with the old original value. It's easy if you backed up the registry value as mentioned.
     
    mbgnet, Jul 25, 2011
    #7
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. ray
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    4,835
    Guest
    Jun 28, 2006
  2. Guest

    file is missing or corrupt

    Guest, Jun 15, 2006, in forum: Windows Vista Installation
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    191
    Guest
    Jun 15, 2006
  3. Guest

    autorun.dll missing or corrupt

    Guest, Aug 8, 2006, in forum: Windows Vista Installation
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,537
    Guest
    Oct 21, 2006
  4. Guest

    Install fails on install.wim not being present or corrupt

    Guest, Feb 12, 2007, in forum: Windows Vista Installation
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    282
    Jane C
    Feb 13, 2007
  5. Marcus

    Vista install aborts with: SPWIZENG.DLL + autorun.dll errors

    Marcus, Mar 15, 2008, in forum: Windows Vista Installation
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    302
    Marcus
    Mar 15, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page