Windows XP mrxsmb Address at base...

Reaction score
windows initialization and restoration problems

Hi. This is going to be an extensive post.I will be very much obliged for any kind help. Just yesterday I had an issue with my system. Once I turned my laptop on, the system would not initialize. For a long time nothing would happen. I switche it off nd turned again. Options for initialization appeared on a black screen. I used option use the last correct configuration. Blue screen appeared and chkdisk started scanning. The result was (sorry ma windows is in Spanish- because I had my hard drive replaced in Spain only a few months ago) and it's a direct translation, hope it makes sense): A segment of the registry of the file 45660 cannot be read. In another try, it also couldn't read a segment of registry of the file 45661.

Another blue screen said: SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED with the following technical information:
STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC0000056, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

After a while I discovered I could initialize the system in error emergency mode (whatever you call it). I tried to run restore system, but got the following message on a blue screen:

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR with the following technical information:

STOP: 0x00000077 (0xC0000056, 0x00000000, 0x023D7000)

I initialized the emrgency system again, uninstalled some files, run a scan and tried retoring again, this time I got another message:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x00000050 (0x8B000000, 0x0000001, 0xAAP80003, 0x00000000

And a bit later:

mrxsmb.sys-Adress AAD80003 base at AAD39000, DateStamp 48025c2a

I tried emergency mode again and restoring again but afterwards it kept saying that in emergency mode Restore System can't secure my system and that I should restart it.

I ran sfc with my copy of windows installed.

Afterwards tuned off normally and on again. It must have done something because this time the blue CHKDISK screen appeared on its own, in normal pace, without delay as it initially did. The registry still could not be read. Turned off and on again, canceled chkdisk and run my system in normal mode, which I'm on right now trying to figure out what to do. I'm nit even trying to run resore system.

Oh and also when I turned the system in normal mode, not completing the chkdisk (otherwise I would nit be here at all),twice two different archives appeared to be damaged: once a message popped up that a firefox dll archive is damaged, another time it was skype which appeared to be damaged. I really don't get it. Yesterday everything was fine until it happened.

EDIT: One more thing that I remebere: I also run a scan with the trial version of Task manager, it appeared to find one dangerous process but I have no idea what it might be.

Last edited:

Ask a Question