Windows XP STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)

Reaction score
Hi

Dell Dimension 5150
Pentium D 820 DualCore 2.8Ghz
80.00Gb 7200 rpm SATA HD
2GB Mem
AVG Free
Windows XP
Firefox

Son last used machine normally on Tuesday 27 July. Logged in today. Accessed internet. Installed Google Chrome. Played computer game from C: drive. Accessed internet. Turned off machine. Restarted machine. Logged in. BSOD. Error message: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0×00000000 0×00000000).
The system has been shut down.

Tried rebooting in safe mode, removing Google Chrome, and everything seems fine but when log on again get same BSOD

Tried System Restore but no restore points present other than one set after the BSOD

Tried chkdsk but nothing obvious - I'm not a computer expert so not sure what I was looking for to be honest

Tried MSCONFIG and ran in Diagnostic mode, completed that and then rebooted computer but got BSOD again

Ran CCleaner

Currently running virus scan in safe mode

Can anyone help please?

PiP

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

Check these ...

Error Message: Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization System Process...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317189

Security Accounts Manager Initialization Failed" Error Message When You Start Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316751

Stop 0x21a" Error Message Occurs If You Download a RIPrep Image
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308299

or try reinstalling windows xp

Reinstallation of XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q315341

... most resort to a re-install.

:user:

Reaction score
Hi

Dell Dimension 5150
Pentium D 820 DualCore 2.8Ghz
80.00Gb 7200 rpm SATA HD
2GB Mem
AVG Free
Windows XP
Firefox

Son last used machine normally on Tuesday 27 July. Logged in today. Accessed internet. Installed Google Chrome. Played computer game from C: drive. Accessed internet. Turned off machine. Restarted machine. Logged in. BSOD. Error message: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0×00000000 0×00000000).
The system has been shut down.

Tried rebooting in safe mode, removing Google Chrome, and everything seems fine but when log on again get same BSOD

Tried System Restore but no restore points present other than one set after the BSOD

Tried chkdsk but nothing obvious - I'm not a computer expert so not sure what I was looking for to be honest

Tried MSCONFIG and ran in Diagnostic mode, completed that and then rebooted computer but got BSOD again

Ran CCleaner

Currently running virus scan in safe mode

Can anyone help please?

PiP
Boot in Safe mode ...do a seach for a file called BLUELACE.dat Delete it ...It is the malicious thread that allows some LOSER to shut your machine down and turn it into a BOT. (Also check in the System32 files, make sure that there is no AUTOEXEC,NT ...This is a file that NEVER BELONGS, and it is CURRENTLY housing the BLASTERWORM and beeing missed by EVERY virus scanner out there.
(this worm was supposed to have been erradicated in 1999, however it resurfaced in the device drivers as well as the autoexec.nt file. It use to reside in the autoexec.bat file. And truth be told, it is traceable FELONY if law enforcement would get their heads out of their ASSES and reverse engineer the thing back to the UUnet User.

Sorry, this is a very touch subject for me. If you can't get into system using safe boot ...boot from xp cd, go to recovery console and type bootcfg /disableredirect
(after logging on their) then type bootcfg /delete /id 2 and hit enter.
Then type dir and look for the bluelace.dat file ...if it is not in windows it will be in the system32 files. type del bluelace.dat and reboot ....happy computing!!!

PS ...if you can boot in safemode, do a system restore ....at the command prompt type c:\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe and then pick a date when your system worked. And after restoring ...look for the bluelace.dat and delete!!!

Ask a Question