More Mess Than Mesh Computers Plc

what would you do it this MESH happened to you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Do not always assume a Credit Card helps.

Ordered a Mesh Elite because of all the PC Advisor hype in its top ten list. Suddenly wanted to query the specification by email. Impossible !. They ring back to your answering machine asking you to ring them. As all Mesh customers know this is impossible. Why do they just not click reply on email because of course then it is in writing.
I cancelled and finally managed to get confirmation of cancellation and the old "refund in 3 working days".
2 months later after numerous attempts it was placed in Dispute with my Credit Card Co.
Forum members advised legal action, small claims court, but Davey Whyte who seems to be delegated to try and resolve the hopeless mess that Sales, Despatch and Accounts are constantly in always gave me the impression that things were under way. In short I got most of my refund but they wrongly held back on £42 for delivery and all this started again with promises of a refund. Still have not got it 3 months later. Do not believe the hype about paying with your Credit Card for total protection.
The Credit Card Co. had by then matched up the Dispute with the Mesh payment and assumed it was my fault they had not paid back in full and declared it "Resolved" without telling me. At Credit Card Statement time because my balance had not been cleared in full I was whacked by interest payments on all transactions.
The Robots at Credit Card Customer Support can only spin out their cue cards and are not interested in logic and tell me to pursue Mesh for my interest surcharge. Oh yes I am sure Mesh would cough up this as a goodwill payment it has been like pulling teeth to get part of my money back so far.
If anyone is even thinking about dealing with Mesh be warned ! You would prefer to have root canal treatment every week Honest !

Reaction score
Re: Mesh

Hi :)
I have started a thread called Mesh Computers, if you are a Mesh Victim it may be worth reading, skip the first post which is just my boring rant, second post may provide some help, third post suggests how we may be able to stop Mesh behaving so badly.
For those Mesh Victims who do not already know, I have just found out there is a Home Authority Officer at the London Borough of Brent Trading Standards who compiles all the complaints about Mesh Computers from victims wherever they live. I would urge all Mesh Victims, past and present, to spend just a few minutes and let her know of your bad experiences of Mesh so that fewer people in the future will have to suffer in the way we have suffered.
Her details are :-
Name: Ms. Paula Anderson.
Phone: 020 8937 5555 for Brent Trading Standards Reception who will put you through to her.
Email: (e-mail address removed) with “F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers” as the title of your message.
Letter: F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.
Finally, if you are quick off the mark and intending to phone, please wait until Monday 11th July when Ms. Anderson returns from holiday.
Regards,
MeshVictim.

Together we can make a difference.

Reaction score
Horror stories?

Hi guys,

I'm not sure what all this rant is about, I ordered a machine from Mesh, received an order confirmation by email the minute after, and while wondering if they got my order right I decided to call them on a normal busy tuesday morning at about 10am, well I've been answered instantly, no 2-hours queue etc whatsoever.
They even called me twice after that to keep me informed about my order status.
So I wouldn't complain about their customer service so far, I have even received the confirmation order by post today. Everything on the confirmation by post was matching my order.
Now I am just a bit skeptic about your grieves, I am expecting to receive a monster machine with all the latest-best components by the end of next week (I am talking about Dual Core Athlon x2 4800+, 2gb memory, 2x geforce 7800gtx cards etc.)
If the crap you all describe is as crap as you say, it won't take long to check it out.
Just a pair of screw-drivers and some basic technical skills and common sense will do.
I'll let you know about my experience as soon as they deliver the beast to me.
At the moment all your posts are scaring me, but I understand seeing is believing.
So far customer serviec is second to none, let's see how it goes after I am delivered.
Stay tuned

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
designguru said:
Hi guys,

Just a pair of screw-drivers and some basic technical skills and common sense will do.

Sadly, not everybody possesses those skills.

Which is usually why they purchase a tailor-made machine.

And as I understand it, messing with the innards of a Mesh Machine will invalidate the warranty.

If you possess those skills, why did you purchase from Mesh? Why did you not build your own?

And yes, I agree with you, building your own machine really isn't difficult at all - for some of us, but not all.

Reaction score
screwdrivers are the man's best friends

floppybootstomp said:
Sadly, not everybody possesses those skills.

Which is usually why they purchase a tailor-made machine.

And as I understand it, messing with the innards of a Mesh Machine will invalidate the warranty.

If you possess those skills, why did you purchase from Mesh? Why did you not build your own?

And yes, I agree with you, building your own machine really isn't difficult at all - for some of us, but not all.

I wasn't talking about some sophisticated DIY fixing which would kill the 3 years warranty, just unscrew a couple of screws to have a look at what's inside the beast.
Opening a pannel will not kill the warranty.
Just read, don't touch anything, just read the motherboard, the chipset, the graphics etc. if they match what you ordered then you're fine.
If they don't match, indeed they are in trouble, even if you opened the sacred box...
It's not rocket science to properly fit a computer's components, believe me.
First thing to do when you receive it is to check if all the internal components are what you ordered.
I am happy with what I ordered though I didn't received it yet, but I'll know in a matter of minutes if they screwed me (no pun intended).
I paid more than 2 grands for this machine, I would have payed 3.5 grands at evesham or even 4k at alienware for the same components, just for the sake of a funky case...
About 'all those skills', to answer your question, all the components would have costed more to me bought separatly rather than having them assembled by Mesh.
Think about it

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
why bother taking the side off, just run a program like belarc

Reaction score
You are obviously on Tequila... or even on the smoking section...
Did you mean some sandra-sys alike?
Isn't having a pentium 4 like having a peeing section on a motherboard?

Reaction score
Are this stuff worth 4k or a couple of grands?

Case: NEW ATX MidiTower with tool free access - Black & Silver
Operating System: Upgrade to Microsoft® Windows® XP Pro x64 Edition at £33.19
Motherboard Features: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mainboard - DDR400, Dual GB LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA 3GB, PCIEX16, SLI Ready
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual Core
Memory: 2048MB PC3200 DDR Memory 400MHz
Floppy + Portable Storage Options: 1.44MB Floppy Drive
Hard Drives: 300GB Serial ATA (150MB/s) Ultra Fast Hard Drive
Video Card: Upgrade to 2x 256MB nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX - TV Out + DVI - PCI Express - SLI configuration at £370
Monitor 1: 19'' Viewsonic TFT Flat Panel Monitor - DVI & Analogue (DVI cable sold separately)
DVI Monitor Cable: DVI Connector Cable (for DVI Monitors + DVI Video Cards ONLY) at £10
Optical Drives: SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW + 16x DVD-ROM (2 Drives)
Sound: Upgrade to Creative Soundblaster AUDIGY 2 ZS Platinum at £75
Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire T7900 - 7.1 Surround
Modem: 56kbps V92 Modem, featuring data and fax.
Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard & Rechargeable Mouse
Video Editing: Cyberlink PowerDVD, Power2Go, PowerProducer3, PowerDirector3, PowerBackup, MediaShowSE, PowerCinema4
Software: Microsoft® Works® 8.0
Power Protection: OneClick Intelligent Mains Panel - Control the power to your peripherals with just one click
Warranty: 3 years On Site Warranty (Mainland UK only - Terms Apply)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
yes, belarc is pretty much the same but without the benchmarks

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
designguru said:
Are this stuff worth 4k or a couple of grands?

Case: NEW ATX MidiTower with tool free access - Black & Silver
Operating System: Upgrade to Microsoft® Windows® XP Pro x64 Edition at £33.19
Motherboard Features: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mainboard - DDR400, Dual GB LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA 3GB, PCIEX16, SLI Ready
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual Core
Memory: 2048MB PC3200 DDR Memory 400MHz
Floppy + Portable Storage Options: 1.44MB Floppy Drive
Hard Drives: 300GB Serial ATA (150MB/s) Ultra Fast Hard Drive
Video Card: Upgrade to 2x 256MB nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX - TV Out + DVI - PCI Express - SLI configuration at £370
Monitor 1: 19'' Viewsonic TFT Flat Panel Monitor - DVI & Analogue (DVI cable sold separately)
DVI Monitor Cable: DVI Connector Cable (for DVI Monitors + DVI Video Cards ONLY) at £10
Optical Drives: SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW + 16x DVD-ROM (2 Drives)
Sound: Upgrade to Creative Soundblaster AUDIGY 2 ZS Platinum at £75
Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire T7900 - 7.1 Surround
Modem: 56kbps V92 Modem, featuring data and fax.
Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech Cordless Desktop Keyboard & Rechargeable Mouse
Video Editing: Cyberlink PowerDVD, Power2Go, PowerProducer3, PowerDirector3, PowerBackup, MediaShowSE, PowerCinema4
Software: Microsoft® Works® 8.0
Power Protection: OneClick Intelligent Mains Panel - Control the power to your peripherals with just one click
Warranty: 3 years On Site Warranty (Mainland UK only - Terms Apply)

i'd say it was in the £3000 range

Reaction score
Thanks Mate, what do you think about the specs of my 'mesh' order?
For 2 grands, is it really a rip-off?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
designguru said:
It's not rocket science to properly fit a computer's components, believe me.

You don't say.

About 'all those skills', to answer your question, all the components would have costed more to me bought separatly rather than having them assembled by Mesh.

You really think so? Even if they did cost a little more, I'd rather do it myself than have a bunch of shysters like Mesh put it together for me.

Think about it

No, you think about it.

I do hope your machine works well and fulfills the spec you ordered, I really do.

But why oh why do I have a feeling everything is going to be just hunky dory when you receive it?

And as Me__2001 said, run Belarc, you won't even have to take the side off.

I just read your last couple of posts. I'll tell you this pal, you won't last long here with your attitude, kind of a similar attitude to those Mesh employees, I'm thinking.

Reaction score
Don't go this way please, I'm just struggling to get the best machine at the lowest cost possible.
So far I didn't see the machine, but I had a good customer service (about payment etc.)
I am not a Mesh employee, I actually am unemployed at the moment.
Let me receive the machine and I'll tell you more wherever it's crap or not or whatever I'll had to do it it was crap.
I just gave away more than 2 grands to Mesh and as you all do after paying, checking the reviews...
Scary stuff really if you are right, but apparently most of reviews are spaced in time.
But you really scare me all mates, they'd better deliver me the bomb they promised otherwise I will join your rant.
I am on the JSA and DSS, this machine is a present that costs a lot for my mother.
Believe me if it's crap, I will join any legal action you are suggesting.
Please let me hope until I receive the boxes.

Reaction score
Whatever, whoever suspect me of advertising for Mesh are more naive than I am.
I will not say anything positive about Mesh until I get the gear delivered and running at the speed I expect.
I just said I had a good impression of their customer service so far, well that's before getting the gear of course.
I will tell you all about what's going on if I ever get delivered (according to your posts)
And if it's really crap, I will tell you it's really crap!
I undestand you cannot trust a company that have 6 double-spreads in main computing magazines, when at the same time in the reviews section of the same magazine they have a best-buy label or the like 5 stars...
Most of the time, the so-called review is just a copy of their press-release...
I used to work in a photography magazine and refused to review the fujitsu magneto-optic device, because it's useless.
For all you fellows victims of magneto-optic disasters, you see what I mean...
The deal was: we buy a full spread if you review our gear like 4 stars...
Sounds familiar?

Reaction score
Are you saying I'll not get what's written on the box in the box?
Or it's just been assembled at a fast pace and the so-called quality-control delay is the time it takes for a ship to sail from Ghuangzhou to Southampton?
At such prices I wouldn't be surprised I reckon

Reaction score
designguru said:
Hi guys,

I'm not sure what all this rant is about, I ordered a machine from Mesh, received an order confirmation by email the minute after, and while wondering if they got my order right I decided to call them on a normal busy tuesday morning at about 10am, well I've been answered instantly, no 2-hours queue etc whatsoever.
They even called me twice after that to keep me informed about my order status.
So I wouldn't complain about their customer service so far, I have even received the confirmation order by post today. Everything on the confirmation by post was matching my order.
Now I am just a bit skeptic about your grieves, I am expecting to receive a monster machine with all the latest-best components by the end of next week (I am talking about Dual Core Athlon x2 4800+, 2gb memory, 2x geforce 7800gtx cards etc.)
If the crap you all describe is as crap as you say, it won't take long to check it out.
I'll let you know about my experience as soon as they deliver the beast to me.
At the moment all your posts are scaring me, but I understand seeing is believing.
So far customer serviec is second to none, let's see how it goes after I am delivered.
Stay tuned

Hi, after reading mixed reviews about Mesh I did decide to order a matrix premier from them on Wednesday 20th July 2005 (a few days ago), simply because it was the cheapest PC at that spec and I don't think I could have built it myself for any cheaper, and I've never built a PC before so I thought I'd get one pre-built. I got an instant confirmation e-mail after ordering and as all Mesh costomers will know it doesn't say the spec of your machine on the confirmation email, which i must admit, did not impress me.
I was just wondering designguru when did you order your PC? because I want to know how long it takes to get the confirmation by snail mail (which supposedly has the spec on it).

Reaction score
Do you also believe in the tooth fairy ?

Glad you agree to keep us all updated DesignGuru.
I hope your whole buying experience is what you hope for. You are very brave.
When is your promised delivery date ?
It took me 3 months to resolve all my issues with Mesh from the moment I fell in their web
Good Luck

Reaction score
Yes keep us posted cant wait for the follow up to this will it be tears or laughter? on the face of it the spec does sound impressive.

Reaction score
chunky.saj said:
I was just wondering designguru when did you order your PC? because I want to know how long it takes to get the confirmation by snail mail (which supposedly has the spec on it).

I ordered mine on the 19th of July and received the snail mail on the 22nd. Everything (on the paper) matches what I have ordered so far, estimated delivery date is 29th of July. Fingers crossed...

Reaction score
ye i got my snail mail today, everything is as i ordered. Estimated delivery date is 4th August (two weeks after i ordered it - which i don't think is too bad). I just hope everything is correct when it arrives and everything works.

EDIT: I haven't tried phoning/emailing MESH as I haven't had the need to yet and also because of their premium rates (which I don't see the need in), so I can't really comment on their customer services.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question