More Mess Than Mesh Computers Plc

what would you do it this MESH happened to you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Decided to order a new Mesh PC 3500 Athlon 64 sli extreme. I have been using a Mesh for 3 years without any problems.

I have a widescreen iiyama tft that has a 25ms refresh rate and doesnt play vidoes or games very well without ghosting. So when I went to place my order with MESH PLC,
I wanted to be sure what monitor I would get as it needed to have a better refresh rate than 25ms. My emails with MESH ...............................................

Dear Mr Nicolson

Hi this is a Viewsonic VX912, and has a response time of 16ms.

Regards

Nilesh Halai

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Nicolson [mailto:*********************Sent: 22 December 2004 12:44
To: Nilesh Halai
Subject: Re: Mesh Quote 1176674

Hi Nilesh

What is the model of the Viewsonic monitor and the refresh rate please.

Regards

Paul
----- Original Message -----
To: *********************************
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 11:46 AM
Subject: Mesh Quote 1176674

Dear Mr Nicolson

Please find attached a copy of your Mesh Quote. The 19" TFT supplied at present is Viewsonic.

Regards
Nilesh Halai

Nilesh Halai – Direct Sales
When the system arrived I couldnt believe id been sent a Sharp 19" not the Viewsonic that was promised, I thought I would at least turn on the sharp tft screen, after all MESH must have sent the same spec tft monitor although another brand. So I thought lets give them a chance.

What did I get a Sharp tft with a 25 ms refresh,not very sharp image (no pun intended) and not what I was told would be supplied.

The machine had problems booting, drivers missing for the m/board etc, software that hasnt been installed correctly.

So I thought hell Im returning the complete system (I want a full refund)

Under the distance selling 2000 agreement I decided to return the complete system, sent a letter recorded delivery the next day 14/1/05, sent emails, spoke to people on the phone and nothing. I posted on a forum and Davey White technical manager MESH COMPUTERS PLC got in touch with me to sort these problems out.

I then got sent the retun labels on the 24/1/05 and returned the complete system using MESH's own couriers on the 26/1/05

I then waited and waited several emails to Davey MESH PLC and got this last reply

----- Original Message -----
To: (e-mail address removed)
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 2:54 PM
Subject: sn 5178875

Dear Mr Nicolson,

I apologise for lack of reply to your previous email. It appears that there was a little confusion over the serial number under which the goods were returned in that it did not match the one on the rear of the case. I have resolved this issue and instructed the Service Centre to investigate the refund request immediately. I expect to be processing the refund paperwork myself later today and passing the completed to document to the accounts department this evening. Assuming that this is processed tomorrow as opposed to this evening, you should expect your account to show the refund within 3 working days. Please note that this final delay I cannot speed up any further as it is imposed by the banks involved during the money transfer.

Please email me here if you have any further concerns.
Davey Whyte
Technical Services Administration
Mesh Computers PLC

Its now the 13/2/05 AND NO REFUND HAS BEEN GIVEN BACK TO MY CREDIT CARD.
I SPENT 75 MINUTES ON THE PHONE 11/2/05 TRYING TO SPEAK TO VARIOUS PEOPLE IN ACCOUNTS. MESH ACCOUNTS HAVE INFORMED ME THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF A REQUEST FOR A REFUND.

I KEPT BEING PUT THROUGH TO AMID PATEL MESH COMPUTERS WHO DIDNT CALL ME BACK !!!!!

So I will have to see, I have registered a dispute with my credit card company and advised them of the problems, the credit card company have now requested all the details and will now deal with the matter. I have refused to pay the £1250 credit card bill for a computer that I dont have. Lets see if Davey at MESH PLC will sort this out and if AMID PATEL is true to his word and will ring me back another day as he couldnt be bothered on FRIDAY.

Its ABOUT TIME THE REVIEWERS SPENT LESS TIME ON fps in Halflife 2, how fast the drives spins up and more time looking at the problems of people that read the reviews and they suffer nothing but stress afterwards. :( :confused: :(

Reaction score
MESH havent called me back spoke to someone in service and they promised they would ring. Nothing, not one of the several staff could be bothered !!!!!!!!!!!

Davey White has emailed me to tell me the refund will go throught today waiting for a manager to sign the paper work off !!!!!!

Why cant Mesh give a decent service ??????

Reaction score
Never Buy Mesh Again

At last i have my refund to my credit card !!!! Its taken over a month several hours on the phone and 30-40 emails.

All because I wasnt supplied the correct goods! is this my fault?

NO MESH took my money supplied the incorrect goods and then had the worst customer services I have ever used. Yet another company using a call centre located in India or Pakistan !!!!!!! without being rude I could hardly understand the broken english !!!

Would I have another MESH PC? no way not with follow up service like that.

I have decided to buy my new kit from dabs.com and build it myself !!!!!

I really think the reviewers of PCs in magazine should take in to account the levels of service or lack of it when giving the bench mark scores.

But then again when Mesh computers are paying £1500 a page for a 4col advert you wouldnt want to loose that sort of money now would you.

Reaction score
I too have a problem with Mesh Computers

Like Paul I think they are more mess than mesh.

I found the heavy criticisms of Mesh only after I placed an order for a Notebook. When I discovered they did not supply an install disk with Windows XP I decided to cancel. The scheduled dispatch date was 17th. March and I sent a recorded delivery cancellation on 7th. March which followed the procedure in their T&Cs to the letter.

I also emailed the salesman the same day and he replied saying he would cancel the order.

Today (18th. March) I received an invoice from Mesh and later I refused to accept delivery of the Notebook.

What goes on at Mesh? Are they totally incompetent or is this a device to take the money off my credit card and hold it for a month or more before issuing a refund. If the latter, what a pathetic company they are.

I actually bought an HP Compaq Notebook with which I am delighted - cost more than the Mesh but I feel I'm on solid ground. I would advise others to steer clear of Mesh.

Why did I buy in the first place, very favorable reviews in Computer Buyer but then, as Paul says, Mesh have a huge advert in CB every month.

Reaction score
I would also like to have a crack at Mesh!

I recently ordered an R7 Sli desktop from Mesh for a scorching £3k! I had previously heard good things about Mesh and the system came personally recommended by a good friend. However, the problems started the evening before my pc was to be delivered (I had already arranged to take the day off work to be there to collect it). I received a call at 18:30 to say that there had been a problem setting up the twin hard-drives in Raid 0 configuration and that this was now being set up manually (whatever that means)! Naturally, the chap I spoke to on the phone was not willing to elaborate but he was able to give me a new date a couple of days late and I was prepared to drop the issue.

The pc arrived and the problems continued. The monitor would often refuse to fire up and the CD/DVD drives would sometimes be recognised and sometimes not. I was also concerned that the side fan in the case did not appear to have been connected which I would have thought pretty essential given the machine's spec - Mesh did not see that there was anything to worry about! In fact after several days waiting for an email response from Mesh technical support, I was told it did not need to be connected but I could connect myself if I wanted to! Trying to get anywhere by email was hopeless, so I finally picked up the phone and spent the standard 15 minutes on hold (no doubt on a premium rate) before getting through. I listed the various defects. The technician thought he would deal with the optical drive problem first and led me through a series of steps and asked me to reboot which I did but when the machine came back to life, the mouse was no longer working! "It may be a problem with your motherboard" says he and said there was nothing else he could do or try but that he would send out the labels to allow me to send the pc back! I have to add that it was just before 17:30 (knocking off time) when I finally got through and this guy was clearly not for hanging around to sort out his mess.

I am still waiting for the labels but have managed to get the machine working (though not satisfactorily) by myself and with no help from the online database which responded with 'No Search Results' when I typed in 'CD Drive'!!!!

My previous machine was a Dell. They may suffer a bit of bad press but their after sales service knocks spots of Mesh.

I will be returning the machine and will be insisting on a brand new uncorrupted replacement that has been thoroughly tested but my hopes are not high!

Feels better to get that off my chest. Just wish I had tapped into these forums before buying the damn thing!

Scott

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Dell are good. Mesh suck. Simple.

There's a lesson to be learnt here somewhere...

Reaction score
You have more than a good case against them in a law court.
As you DID not receive goods intended for your specific requirements, which you stressed BEFORE your purchase was transacted as stated in the correspondence with Mesh.
Go to your local claims court they will advise you on what action to take as they do NOT like the public being hoodwinked.
There will not be a charge for this service, even if there is a charge after the Initial advice it will be of no significance as you will recuperate all costs incurred.

Reaction score
More Mess than Mesh

Scott, you have my sympathy, I'm sure you'll win in the end but Mesh will cause you a high level of nuisance. I read these forums a few days after ordering. I contacted them saying I wanted a Windows XP installation disk with my laptop, they didn't reply so I cancelled. I prefer Dell as a company but they too seem unwilling to supply an installation disk so I finished with an HP Compaq which is excellent.

I believe Mesh are an administrative mess as they dispatched my laptop 10 days after receiving my cancellation. It took a further 4 weeks to get a refund after pressure from me, my credit card company and, possibly, trading standards to whom I complained. This meant I paid for TWO laptops one month and had the cost of one credited to my card the next month - very inconvenient. They were deliberately difficult with me re the refund even though I followed their T&Cs to the letter.

My caution on installation disks was justified, in order to get my HP Compaq to link in to my home WiFi network I had to use the XP installation disk to install another protocol!

Stick with it Scott, in your position I think I would demand a full refund. Incidentally I run a four disk 0+1 RAID array on my desktop PC. All RAID controllers come with a setup utility and that is the only way you can set up the array. "Manually" ? Just another bit of Mesh rubbish to excuse their incompetence.

Nil illigitimo carborundum.

Len

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just thought I'd chirp in with some info about the WinXP CDs...

Apparently Microsoft offer big discounts if companies don't send out the CDs with the PC, as MS thinks it will help combat piracy (as these CDs are already activated). If you ring them up they should send them out to you though, I just got an XP Home CD from Dell a few weeks ago for my laptop - I assume any supplier should do the same.

Reaction score
That is very interesting. I was close to ordering a Dell notebook via a salesman who told me on the telephone that there would be an image of the installation disk on the notebook C: drive. When I asked for written confirmation he sent me an email saying I could copy the operating system from the hard drive. I replied saying that this was not the same thing, I needed an image that would allow me to burn a bootable installation disk. After that, I never heard from him again!

You obviously have the right contacts at Dell. Can't imagine anyone getting one from Mesh!

From what you say it sounds as though I could (obviously illegally) install XP on my wife's Windows 98SE machine and it would go undetected. She wouldn't thank me though as she believes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". On my machine I have Windows 2000 Pro and I am happy with this.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Windows 2000?
im not sure but isnt 2000 a very unstable OS?
or am i thinkin ME?
otherwise i have heard a vast amount of bad things about MESH, avoid them or else they will steal your left shoe...

Reaction score
Windows 2000

I have found Windows 2000 Pro very stable compared with earlier Windows versions. I started on 3.0 then 3.1 then 95 then 95SE then 98SE. I missed 98 and ME and I suspect that the latter is the unstable one as it was a half way house between the old 16/32 hybrid technology and NT.

Both 2000 and XP are essentially based on NT. Clearly Microsoft would like all workstations to be XP so that they can drop support of earlier versions but they have too large a customer base on 98SE and 2000.

I have two desk tops (to keep my wife and daughter off my desktop) and a laptop so I currently run 98SE, 2000 Pro and XP Pro on the newly acquired laptop. I haven't used XP enough to properley comment on its reliability but it seems fine and one of my friends swears by it.

Turning to Mesh, one of the computer mags used to do an annual survey of their readers on support matters. The sadly no longer around Dan used to normally top the rest for support of desktops. What a pity nobdy is doing such a survey now as far as I am aware. At least we have these forums though.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
Windows 2000?
im not sure but isnt 2000 a very unstable OS?
or am i thinkin ME?
otherwise i have heard a vast amount of bad things about MESH, avoid them or else they will steal your left shoe...

Windows 2000 is generally Rock Solid, bit crap for games though, there's lots won't work with it ;)

Windows ME should have been strangled at birth :)

Reaction score
I havbe had nothing but problems with communications and lack of customer care with Mesh.
Even when I did get a refund on £1300 some 5 weeks later they still stuck to £42 of it for some reason.
Can you get a response . No.
They are totally useless.
If you want a life of misery then deal with Mesh.

Reaction score
I was more fortunate and got a full refund. I think I was aided by my credit card company troubleshooter. We had a threeway telephone call, him, Mesh and myself and when Mesh agreed they would refund he pressed them to confirm it was the full amount even to the point of quoting the figure.

Surely their business will suffer eventually. Infuriating that Dan with such good customer support went out of business, I guess it is such a cutthroat business these days that it is difficult to fund good support with such tight margins.

Reaction score
More mess ups at Mesh.

Mesh told me that they did not refund the full amount to my credit card as I cancelled after it was dispatched and they were charging the carriage of £42.
Wrong ! I have their email cancelling it it on the 19th April and the despatch date was due 27th April. Why send a cancelled order and then blame me ?
Just about everything Mesh say and do is wrong they are useless.
I will pursue it through Trading Standards.
When my students ask me to recommend a PC I know what not to recommend after this experience.

Reaction score
As I pointed out previously.

If you have the proof don’t mess see a solicitor or go to the small claims court, then its hello £ 42.00 I have missed you, you have a very strong case against MESH trust me I have done it on many occasions.

;)

Reaction score
Small Claims Court anyone

Thanks Itsme for that and for previous replies. I have never tried the Small Claims Court. Would they be interested in an amount like £42 ? I am not sure how much it costs to file a claim but it would certainly be worth £50 or so to make Mesh cough up £42.
I am still amazed that Mesh do not head off trouble right at the start and sort things out instead of this "death by a thousand cuts approach". It is a waste of their time and my time to be arguing by email for 6 weeks or so.
They are totally useless and without any moral scruples.

Reaction score
tellboy said:
Thanks Itsme for that and for previous replies. I have never tried the Small Claims Court. Would they be interested in an amount like £42 ? I am not sure how much it costs to file a claim but it would certainly be worth £50 or so to make Mesh cough up £42.

Give the court a ring or call in and see them they will advise you in the best possible way.

As for the amount, you can sue someone for as little as £10.00, I am not sure what the cost will be to you the last time I did it was three years ago £12.00 +VAT. I cant

Disclose who the company where but in the local paper the headlines read [Water state to be in]???? They lost:D :thumb:

But as you say it would be worth it, on the other hand a company of some size would settle out of court, as it would not be beneficial to them to go through a claims court and have a poor reputation to put up with? Should they loose and in your case I believe that to be true you have a stonewall case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question