monitor not turning on

Reaction score
to start off, my problem occured while i was on my pc talking to someone through YIM, i was talking and the machine just froze.. i read the forum about a guys monitor not turning on some said it was the mem not posting so i checked my memory and that didnt do anything, then another guy said it might be the VGA graphics card, so i wiggled it undid it and took it out and put it back in, then after that things only got worse, i then turned it on (my pc) only to find out that it would only come on for less than a second, the lights would show it comming on then poof it just went off, so i checked the pins for the on off liine to my button on the outside, none of them were bent or nothing, soooo my last thoughts are that i have a bad hard drive that just died on me which im thinking its probly not that, my MB just went poof and my last thought is that my power supply has had its days and just died on me, any suggestions would help out alot..................... thanks, leslie

Last edited:
Reaction score
How olds the monitor?

When did the problem first start, what were you doing?

Reaction score
the monitor is no longer an issue, i went and tested it out on one of my servers, i have come to the conclusion that it might be my power supply or mother board

Reaction score
so the monitor works perfectly fine, and thanks so much for your help.............thanks,leslie

Reaction score
Check that the graphics card is seated ok, all power connectors are ok & then re-start the pc. Do you have a spare graphics card? If so try that, could just be a dodgy lead somewhere.

Reaction score
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector?

LMAO good joke

um no i dont have an extra graphix card with me and it would be kinda hard to use another graphics card??????????if i couldnt see the drivers id be installing????????? but ill probly end up taking it to my tech friends tomarrow and see whats up with it, thanks anyways lol

Reaction score
leslieTX said:
um no i dont have an extra graphix card with me and it would be kinda hard to use another graphics card??????????if i couldnt see the drivers id be installing????????? but ill probly end up taking it to my tech friends tomarrow and see whats up with it, thanks anyways lol
Some people sometimes have spare cards just in case, could be a power problem, but if you have some techie friends then see what advice they can help you with. Don't forget to post back here when the problem is resolved, as it's always good to find out what the problem was:thumb:

Reaction score
found out the problem after several test of trouble shooting i found out that my MB has gone out, luckly for me its a gigabyte MB so all i need to do is pay for the shipping and send it back get it fixed and presto we got that issue fixed and hopefully everything else is still good.................... thanks murdoch

Ask a Question