    Windows XP Home Edition.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    Noshanks

    Jimmie Noshanks, Apr 13, 2006

  2. Jimmie Noshanks

    Guest Guest

    What ppt version and is it up to date with service packs.

    AFAIK midi should work with all versions of ppt from 97?

    Are you using insert > movie/sound/ play automatically?
    --
    Hope that helps

    Guest, Apr 14, 2006

  3. Jimmie Noshanks

    Thurlowe Guest

    Also, you might want to check the path to the Midi's. If it is too long then
    they may not play.

    Thurlowe, Apr 14, 2006
  4. "John Wilson" <codepeople AT aol DOT com> wrote in message
    > What ppt version and is it up to date with service packs.
    >
    > AFAIK midi should work with all versions of ppt from 97?
    >
    > Are you using insert > movie/sound/ play automatically?
    > --
    > Hope that helps
    >

    > "Jimmie Noshanks" wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> Midi files won't play when I insert them into a slide. They play when
    >> they
    >> are previewed but as soon as I double click on it and insert the file it
    >> won't play. Wave files play but I can't get the midis to play.
    >>
    >> Windows XP Home Edition.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    >>
    >> Noshanks

    Using Office 2003 all Windows service packs are installed.

    The midi file is the ones supplied by Office 2003.

    Yes, I am using insert: movie/sound/ play automatically.

    Noshanks

    Jimmie Noshanks, Apr 15, 2006
  5. "Thurlowe" <> wrote in message
    > Also, you might want to check the path to the Midi's. If it is too long
    > then they may not play.
    > "Jimmie Noshanks" <> wrote in message
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> Midi files won't play when I insert them into a slide. They play when
    >> they are previewed but as soon as I double click on it and insert the
    >> file it won't play. Wave files play but I can't get the midis to play.
    >>
    >> Windows XP Home Edition.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    >>
    >> Noshanks

    The file is located wherever Windows keeps them because I'm just using the
    ones offered in PowerPoint 2003, but I'll check to see how long the path is.

    Thanks.

    Noshanks

    Jimmie Noshanks, Apr 15, 2006