Windows XP Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

Reaction score
OK i'm fine with XP Home & Pro editions, but what is Media Center all about?
Now i realise it's for watching films & tv and viewing pictures, but is it an off shoot of XP or of Vista?

Reaction score
feckit said:
OK i'm fine with XP Home & Pro editions, but what is Media Center all about?
Now i realise it's for watching films & tv and viewing pictures, but is it an off shoot of XP or of Vista?

XP

Reaction score
it is just an upgarde of xp home has it's own decoder for dvd (dont need s/w like power dvd) basically for people who likes. watching dvd's, tv in short couch potato.... hehehe

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
WMP 10 plays DVD's, extra software is not required, really.

I've often wondered just what is it that Media Centre offers over XP.

Only thing I can see is it's own dedicated remote control facility.

I'll ask a question, actually, as I'll be building a media centre computer from old parts soon.

If the TV card has a remote control, can it be configured to operate DVD and audio playback in Win XP?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
carlo_dell_tech said:
when MCE was launch there was no wmp 10... as far as i know you can only control the tv w/ it.

Thankee carlo :thumb:

I did rather suspect that.

Reaction score
np, i asked other tech here in dell and they told me that there are some TV tuner that could do that for you but did not give me any model or brands will email you as soon as i have any word.

Ask a Question