Windows XP Windows XP Media Center - Very annoying error message

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
-I've now put Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 on my laptop.

Whenever I start Windows Media Center, I get this error message.

MESSENGER FAILIURE
Media Center was unable to start Messenger. Please make sure it is installed on this system.

I don't want to hear or know about Messenger. Is there any way to get rid of the error without having Media Center start Messenger?
-I disabled it "Start when windows starts" box because I don't want it to start, it's a waste of RAM.

Reaction score
Simple solution Captain Jack...Uninstall Messenger in Add/Remove Programs.., then open Program files and delete the messenger file....Use CCleaner to clean up the registry.Job done..Simple weren't it..?

Reaction score
I dont think it MSN messenger its the micorsoft messenger program that runs in background

Its nto needed anyway I always disable it via the administration panel

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Sorry, none of your solutions worked. I had to go here to learn how to disable Messenger in Media Center. Just thought I'd post it incase anyone else gets the problem and wants to know how to disable Messenger. Anyway Messenger is useless now, I use Windows Live Messenger.

Ask a Question