microsoft outlook 2002

G

I recently purchased a Toshiba PocketPC. Whenever I attempt to load the the Outlook 2002 software from the enclosed cd on my XP computer, I receive the message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.

Uloading the performance counter strings for service ContentIndex (ContentIndex) failed. The error code is the first DWORD in Data section.

The performance counter name string value in the registry is incorrectly formatted. The bogus string is 2932, the bogus index value is the first DWORD in the Data section, while the last valid index values are the second and third DWORD in Data section.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How do I fix a PSTPRX.DLL error when I open Outlook?
http://www.york.ac.uk/services/cserv/help/mail/Outlook/Outlook2002/prxpst_dll.htm

Please visit the experts in the Microsoft Outlook Newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.general

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"brotherdeuce" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| I recently purchased a Toshiba PocketPC. Whenever I attempt to load the the Outlook 2002 software from the
enclosed cd on my XP computer, I receive the message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL
file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service
PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.
|
| Uloading the performance counter strings for service ContentIndex (ContentIndex) failed. The error code is
the first DWORD in Data section.
|
| The performance counter name string value in the registry is incorrectly formatted. The bogus string is
2932, the bogus index value is the first DWORD in the Data section, while the last valid index values are the
second and third DWORD in Data section.

Ask a Question