Microsoft Office 2007

Reaction score
I would just like to have a rant please!!

What is with this new 'ribbon' menu system on Office 2007? I've just seen it for the first time as my dad has it on his laptop! It's impossible to navigate, especially after a decade of learning where everything was on the previous umpteen versions!!

Why do companies have to change things just as everyone has got used to it??
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
:mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thats the paid for version of Open Office so you would expect to have some extras now wouldn't you. Geez some people are never happy.

:p
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It took me a while to get used to it too - I can see where they are trying to go with the new navigation system, but I still can't find some things on it even now ;)

Reaction score
It's just a nightmare. I can see that software (like everything else) has to be seen to evolve, but surely it's worth keeping things which work!!

I'm with Feckit, I'm going to stick with my old version of Office 2000. It works and I know where things are!!

Reaction score
It took me a while getting used to, mainly because I couldn't find annything lol, but in Windows 7 they have added the new ribbon to Paint :p

Reaction score
Brilliant!! Lets hope they roll out this amazingly non-intuitive 'ribbon' to all future MS products!! I've always supported MS products against the hoards of Linux geeks on my course at uni, but it might be time to rethink!!

Ask a Question