Access Access 2007 in Win7

Reaction score
Ok, I've been doing some research on this for a while...
First, I was 'given' the dubious honor of migrating a very unstable Access 97 database into Access 2007, with only those 2 versions to work with. I "played" with it and researched and worked on it until :drool:FINALLY was able to have a stable working database in 2007... I thought..:cry:
I had the working version, with mostly cosmetic changes still needing completed, when suddenly I started getting dll errors... more specifically, my Set db = CurrentDb started bombing. I started researching this, went through and made sure all Dim db As Database now had DAO.Database... still same prob.. kept researching, trying ALMOST every "solution" that others had had success with and now I'm just rather confused and frustrated.. :confused:
If I'm reading correctly, and there isn't very much about it when I google it, Access 2007 has some 'pretty' issues with Win7 64...which is what our PC's have. Am I correct in assuming that I will continue to have unfixable errors until/unless I roll back to Access 2003 or upgrade to Access 2010, or -even more costly- change Win7 to 32? :mad:

Anyone else have any problems with Access 2007 in Win7 64? Can anyone help me with my *multiple* problems? I'll be more than happy to go into much more detail as I didn't want to bombard everyone with ALL that I've done and researched...:)

Thanks in advance for any and all advice/help! :D

Reaction score
Ok, since no one has responded at all, I'm wondering just how big a problem this could turn out to be.. :cry:

So, after due consideration, I have another question...
Would it be possible to purchase 1 Access 2010 Developer's license, migrate our 2007 database into 2010, uninstall all Access 2007 from user's pc's, then create a new 2010 executable database that will install 2010 runtime on user's pc? :confused:

Reaction score
Silverhazesurfer,
Thanks for your reply! :D
However, I have already gone through the long and sweaty process of db conversion...from 97 to 2007, using the exact process that you referenced, as well as come vb coding and error handling. :user:

Ask a Question