Microsof Office 2003 Error 1919

Reaction score
I am using Windows VISTA 64 Bit O/S
I am using Mircrosoft Office Proffesional 2003
In the Help dropdown list there is a selection for Detect and Repair.
Whenever I start this selection in any of the software such as Outlook, Access, Excel, etc. it appears to be working correctly and then reaches a certain point and I receive the following error message:
'Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source:
MS Access Database, ODBC error 6. Component not found in the registry. Verify that the file MS Access Database exists and that you can access it.

My Access software which is part of Office Proffesional 2003 is working just fine.

One suggestion I received was to Export and Import two subkeys from the rgistry that may be missing from another computer on my network system.

They are
KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ODBC
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTGWARE\ODBC

I attempted to do this. The first key was exported and imported
The second key was exported but the registry would not allow me to import it because it kept saying that something was using the process. I could not find anything that was using the process at the time. That is not to say that something was using it.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Hank

Reaction score
Hi hlaskin
happywave.gif

Welcome to the forum....
happywave.gif

HAve you tried doing a repair via Control panel add/remove programs or whatever it is called in Vista ?

Repair install linky

Reaction score
Good Morning from Bend, Oregon

Yes, I have tried that method as well. It takes you to the same site as Detect and Repair does from the software itself in the Help Dropdown List.
This was to no avail.
I believe the issue is something in the registry.

Thank you for your suggestion

Reaction score
I am using Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium with SP2

I have attempted to export two files from another computer (source) from the registry and import them to the computer (target) where I am having an issue with ODBC error 1919.

The first file imported correctly.
The second file I receive the following error message in the registry editor:

Cannot Import C:\ODBC

Not all data was successfully written to the registry.

Some Keyes are open by the system or other processes. (HOW DO I CLOSE THESE KEYS SO THAT I CAN IMPORT THE ODBC file?)

Reaction score
hlaskin said:
Some Keyes are open by the system or other processes. (HOW DO I CLOSE THESE KEYS SO THAT I CAN IMPORT THE ODBC file?)

Unfortunately not knowing what keys they are or processe you can't close them. Those processes might be vital to the OS...

Anyway have a look here for help on the error you are getting.
My first way forward would be to completely uninstall MS Office via control panel, then use Ccleaner Slim to clean up any invalid registry keys, missing keys etc. Also open Program files and delete any MS Office folders. And then re-install MS office. Try that and see how you get on. In my opinion, it is better to re-install than try import registry values etc from other computers....

Ask a Question