Mice

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a new mouse. I want one with high performance for gaming, i am looking to spend aout £30-£40 but i would prefer to have a lower price as anyone would.

Any recomandations?

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the MX700 (there is a thread here somewhere if you search for it).

I'd go for an optical and wireless mouse if you are looking to spend that much, as they are far superior to corded ball mice.

Reaction score
I found the Thread.

I have looked around but the cheapest i found the MX700 is £45 a bit over but i might make an allowence cause it does look good. Once concern is how long do the batteries last until you have to recharge them?

Reaction score
I have a mouse made by a company called "Chic". It is both wireless and optical, has a good range and is supplied with the charging docking station.

the range is good and it has many buttons. Not dissimilar from the logitech one mentioned.

Cost all of around £15 - it was a good buy!

USB, rechargable batteries supplied.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Put it back in the "cradle" and it'll charge 'em up for you ... if you leave it out, about 4/5 days.

;)

Reaction score
its totally ergonomic too...

Click HERE to see it.

chris

edit: Yeah, like Mucks said. I'm always forgetting to charge mine but the batteries last around 3-4 days before they need charging but just remember to put it in the cradle before you go to bed and youll be laughing in the morning.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I have a mouse made by a company called "Chic". It is both wireless and optical, has a good range and is supplied with the charging docking station.

the range is good and it has many buttons. Not dissimilar from the logitech one mentioned.

Cost all of around £15 - it was a good buy!

USB, rechargable batteries supplied.

I carn't find any websites which sell the make Chic. Where did you buy yours from?

Reaction score
Click HERE. This is the place i got mine from.

Before you say anything yes i know they suck and i won't use them unless i have to but my order came at 8am on the day it was meant to and it was all working fine.

Reaction score
I tried to register with them but it is saying that someone has already registered the address for my house but no one in my family have.

So is there anywhere else where they sell them.

Reaction score
bug in the system??

my guess would be to try again, maybe type it in different?? like type a full address as opposed to a shortened one or vice verca???

hmm....

seems to be the only place that sell it

Reaction score
I have tried and tried and tried but it is not working. It keeps on telling me to contact customer support but to do that you have to be registered.

So I am giving up

I will probably buy the MX 700

Thanks for all your help

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Click HERE. This is the place i got mine from.

Before you say anything yes i know they suck and i won't use them unless i have to but my order came at 8am on the day it was meant to and it was all working fine.

Anyway from this post it sounds like ebuyer arn't very good

Reaction score
Why do ebuyer suck? I like em. Or have i just not had any bad luck yet?! :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
The best gaming mouse out there is the "Logitech MX510 Performance Optical Mouse". You'll see plenty of reveiws about it if you search. It has the best reaction time and is the most accurate money can buy. There not even that exepensive either at £30.

You can get them from virtually everywhere, but i suggest overclockers because there extremly reliable.

you can see it here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Optical_Mice.html (its the 9th one down)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just done an extensive search and it does seem e-buyer are the only UK supplier of Chic products.

The MX510 Reef mentioned is indeed an extremely good gaming mouse and well worth the money - if you don't mind the cord.

I've used both the MX700 and 510 for gaming and I honestly couldn't tell much difference, if any. Providing you set up the mouses' sensitivity in each game to suit your own preference, either will do you fine.

Reaction score
Just to let you know i have decided to buy the Chic 2200, i was having problem with ebuyer but my friend is getting it for me.

Thanks for all the advise

Reaction score
Wow...

I feel honoured that i have actually influenced someones descision!!

Im sure you will have many happy times with that mouse. Remember to feed it each night and pet it as often as possible :)

One tip though - use the Microsoft intellimouse drivers, not the ones that come on the CD - the MS ones are far better.

Chris

Ask a Question