Pesky mice which to buy.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm out of touch tbh but I'm still using a Logitech G5 and a Steel Series Mouse whose model number escapes me atm but I will say I'm very pleased with both.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
"gaming"

red - gaudy glowy lights, that you cover with your hand anyway - overpriced

I chose the mouse (RAT) to be comfortable and therefore easier to use ... the software is another key point ... if you can actually hold one in your hands first, that'll be a big bonus.

keep looking for what you need, asking other people what they use is only asking to see their preference. No one here 'likes' my RAT but me! :)

I have one mouse on my wish list ... it is Linux supported with actual drivers ... :eek:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...1U11MESLCZI01&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, I'll revise my answer: Re: Which one to buy? I haven't a clue sir, as I've no idea of the shape of your hand.

Kindly ignore my personal preferences as these are of no use to you whatsoever.

Happy gaming ! :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Razer, Steelseries, Corsair or Zowie. Can't go wrong, just depends on what you want it to do. :)

For me it would be the Deathadder 2013 that I have now, the Steelseries Rival or the Zowie FK1/FK2.

Went off Logitech, didn't like Roccat mice. Anything else looks ****. :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Welp, whilst my Logi G5 keeps working, I've no reason to change it.

My Steel Series is a 'Rival' btw, I like it.

Those RATS are butt ugly but I'd be open to try one but I'd probably go for another Steel Series if I needed another rodent.

And both me mice work in Mint, which has Steam loaded. No extra drivers were required for either.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I know mice are a personal fit yourself buy but thought it would be nice to hear some real life experiences.

Gaming wise I do FPS so the Sniper Button looked good on the M65 to me. I read up on the Vengeance version that does not have the rgb but does have a better wheel.

Nice to hear that some multi button mice work otb in linux. I'll have a look at the ones mentioned to see if they would do me.

Shame there is no shop near me that I can go to to try out mice in real life. Mind you with the thousands of mice out there it would not be practical for a shop to stock all of them. Would cost a fortune in cheese. :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Are you a palm or claw grip kinda guy?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... yes, don't forget. the more colours you have, especially red, the faster the device becomes. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
SteelSeries Rival Gaming Mouse

Am I right in thinking this does not have a sideways function on the wheel ? Sounds like a neat mouse.
:cool:

I just measured my mouse and it is almost an inch shorter and not quite as high. Hmmm wanders of to have a think.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
SteelSeries Rival Gaming Mouse

Am I right in thinking this does not have a sideways function on the wheel ? Sounds like a neat mouse.
:cool:

Dya know what? I haven't a clue :D Sideways click on the scroll wheel is a function I've never used.

In most of the games I play the scroll is weapon choice and the downwards click is grenade.

Sideways click eh? Something to consider.

I'll check out the Rival mouse scroll wheel and get back to you at some stage.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Dya know what? I haven't a clue :D Sideways click on the scroll wheel is a function I've never used.

In most of the games I play the scroll is weapon choice and the downwards click is grenade.

Sideways click eh? Something to consider.

I'll check out the Rival mouse scroll wheel and get back to you at some stage.

Handy for web browsing, scooting around big picture files and that sort of stuff. I mention the function in me nomacs thread.
Almost sure that most Steel Series mice only have three function mice.
I am moused out got carried away reading all about weird and wonderful contraptions. They have come up with some strange mice.
Have not seen one that auto targets and fires yet though :lol:

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
After a great deal of reading up on the net I went to my local Curry's as they are the only shop in town that sells high end mice. They only had a choice of three and none of those were on my possibles list so I have had no chance to see a mouse in real life. Apart from the semi dead ones Mr Spooky brings home.
Read up on the new Asus ROG, Func M-2 and M-3 and loads of others. Including the Rocat Krone which I thought sounded neat. They all had for and against points and I ended up ordering this,

Cooler Master CM Storm Reaper Gaming Mouse

image_400-1024x906.jpg

Cost £40 inc postage from Box. Could have got a Vengance M65 for the same amount but went of it at the last minute. I really liked the sound of the Func M-3 but it was £20 more an there was a Swedish made mouse with a couple of extra buttons on it that sounded great but again was £20 more and you could only alter the DPI by 800 whatever increments. An I would have gone for the Func M-2 but it is a smaller mouse, shame as for £30 it sounded ideal.

Hope I made the right choice. The old Dominatrix is still working fine except for the middle click which is a tad temperamental.

Now I can concentrate on burning me eyeballs out looking for a decent keyboard.:lol:

I might pimp up the mouse by having the ally plate sprayed metallic blue as me mate runs a spray shop. :dance:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have not seen one that auto targets and fires yet though :lol:

Ah, that'll be called an aimbot and will get you banned from most servers ;)

The Coolermaster mouse looks good, let us know what you think of it.

I have a Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire MK mechanical keyboard and I like it a lot, great keyboard. Spartan, heavy, diminutive and clunky, great for gaming and typing, so looks like Cooler Master are making some good products.