McAfee and Scanner

C

CdLSRN

I have a Dell Dimension xpst450 - (1999). Added memory 2 years ago. I am using McAfee
vs and firewall. I use ad-aware and Spy-bot. When I boot it takes a long time
(primarily because of McAfee), but my resources are 88% free. My HP 5200C Scanner is
not working right. I had it plugged into a Belkin hub. I now have it plugged into the
computer (usb). I re-installed it 5 times yesterday. I disable McAfee before I try to
use it. When I do the 'test scanner' - it passes. But when I try to scan , the box
comes up on the screen , I pick my location, and press 'scan' - It starts to make its
high pitched noises (normal) then it stops. When I so a ctrl-alt-delete it says hp
scanner (not responding) and I have to end task. I renamed Twain_32 to Twain_32old. I
updated drivers. I checked out my usb. I disconnected all usb peripherals. I removed
VID_03F0&PID_0401. I have Windows 98se and IE 6 with up to date WINDOWS UPDATES. What
can be stopping this scanner from working?

D

David H. Lipman

| I have a Dell Dimension xpst450 - (1999). Added memory 2 years ago. I am using McAfee
| vs and firewall. I use ad-aware and Spy-bot. When I boot it takes a long time
| (primarily because of McAfee), but my resources are 88% free. My HP 5200C Scanner is
| not working right. I had it plugged into a Belkin hub. I now have it plugged into the
| computer (usb). I re-installed it 5 times yesterday. I disable McAfee before I try to
| use it. When I do the 'test scanner' - it passes. But when I try to scan , the box
| comes up on the screen , I pick my location, and press 'scan' - It starts to make its
| high pitched noises (normal) then it stops. When I so a ctrl-alt-delete it says hp
| scanner (not responding) and I have to end task. I renamed Twain_32 to Twain_32old. I
| updated drivers. I checked out my usb. I disconnected all usb peripherals. I removed
| VID_03F0&PID_0401. I have Windows 98se and IE 6 with up to date WINDOWS UPDATES. What
| can be stopping this scanner from working?
|

Sounds like an OS, USB and TWAIN issue. Not a virus issue.

I suggest a repost in; news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion

Ask a Question