Maximize Window

A

Arpan

I always want Internet Explorer 6.0 to open in a maximized window (irrespective of whether I open a window using Start--->Programs--->Internet Explorer or right click a link on a web page & click 'Open in New Window' or left click a link which invokes a new IE window). I am aware of the fact that the size of a window can also be set programmatically. Excluding the programmatic setting, how do I always make IE open in a maximized window? As far as opening a window from Start--->Programs--->Internet Explorer is concerned, I can ensure that IE opens in a maximized window by right clicking Internet Explorer, selecting 'Properties' & then selecting 'Maximized' from the 'Run' drop-down list under the 'Shortcut' tab.

Thanks,

Arpan

C

Charlie Tame

Don't think you can find a real good way to do this... however I might have a suggestion.

Copy and paste this into a notepad file and then save it to your desktop as an .html file

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>
<head>
</head>
<script>
<!--
var h;
var v;
h=screen.availwidth
v=screen.availheight
document.write("available screen width=" + screen.availwidth + "<br>");
document.write("available screen height=" + screen.availheight + "<br>");
self.moveTo(0,0)
self.resizeTo(h,v)
document.write("You are using " + navigator.appName + " " + navigator.appVersion);
-->
</script>
</body>
</html>

Set that as your "Homepage" and then IE should maximise itself to whatever your screen will take. Note this is not strictly a maximised window... it's the largest sizeable one that will fit.

I find this method useful - you can insert links to your regular pages too.

There's an example with links in it attached as a .txt file - you would need to change that to .html for it to work. (The word-wrap in OE makes it hard to read if included with the message).

Charlie

I always want Internet Explorer 6.0 to open in a maximized window (irrespective of whether I open a window using Start--->Programs--->Internet Explorer or right click a link on a web page & click 'Open in New Window' or left click a link which invokes a new IE window). I am aware of the fact that the size of a window can also be set programmatically. Excluding the programmatic setting, how do I always make IE open in a maximized window? As far as opening a window from Start--->Programs--->Internet Explorer is concerned, I can ensure that IE opens in a maximized window by right clicking Internet Explorer, selecting 'Properties' & then selecting 'Maximized' from the 'Run' drop-down list under the 'Shortcut' tab.

Thanks,

Arpan

Ask a Question