Mainboard drivers

Reaction score
Clean Installation

I don't know anything about a clean install. I know I had to boot from the CD to try to do the REC. INST.
I did this 2 times and I did get some things back but I am still missing a lot of the use of WXP .

I have my files backed up on an external hard drive and I have downloaded the Motherboard Drivers and have them on a CD and also a flash drive. However I don't know how to Install the Motherboard Drivers from this CD. or Flash drive.
I am going to go back and look through all the CDs that came with this PC (about 30). I found the Motherboard Manual that came with this PC and it says I an supposed to have a Motherboard Auto Installing Driver CD - ROM, but I will have to find it.If I do and it works I might have the problem solved????:) (I HOPE)
Thanks

Reaction score
Upload printscreen

I can't find the browse button??

The file size is 4.5MB that might be to big, if I can find out how to do it???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi
With regards to the clean install you just boot from the cd then follow the screen prompts i would un plug the ext drive before you go ahead with the install just in case you wipe the wrong drive.
Motherboard drivers if you can find the motherboard driver cd then install all the drivers on it. If for anyreason you dont need one of the drivers after you have installed it then you can remove it.

Also to add to the clean install that you will be asked for the windows product key this normally on the side of the pc.
To up load a screen shot i normally use image shack you just select the pic that you want to upload and then copy the link into this theread.

Hope you can read this post ok as i typed it on my phone. Later on i will find a guide on how to pefrom the clean install.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Clean Installation

I can read the last post, but I think I will wait for the guide. I want to make sure I do the best that I can so that I don't have to take it back to the Shop and pay them again for MY STUPID MISTAKES.

I did find the Mainboard CD-ROM ( by the hardest) and it says it has all the Drivers & utility programs needed to properly run the bundled products. And as I said I have the drivers that I downloaded and copied to a CD-ROM. I'm hoping something will work.
Thanks

Reaction score
I DID IT!! THANKS TO Madxgraphics & wizkid

:) It's DONE!! and its better than what they did at the shop,I have programs that were missing before. I guess they were on the Motherboard CD. I am in the process of adding all my STUFF back from my EX HD,and downloading all my FREE protection programs, which will take a while because I don't want to bring it back all a one time.I also have to re-learn how to set up WXP to my liking. I know I thanked both of you two GENTLEMEN many times but thanks is really not enough. I wish I could think of a better word to show my appreciation but THANKS will have to do for now.

Later I would like to get back with you or someone about one of my favorite programs which will not load up any more. But this is enough for now.
THANK YOU ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!:)
happywave.gif
:D
user.gif
bowdown.gif

Reaction score
You're very welcome.

I am really glad to hear the problem is now solved and you have the system up and running again. :)

When you are ready let us know the programme which wont load and we can advise you on how to fix it and hopefully get it up and running again for you. :thumb:

Regards

Last edited:
Reaction score
might need more help

HI I decided to write back because I think I may still have some problems,although everything seems to be working alright.
On an old Belarc Advisor Profile (7/29/05) it showed that I had the following Multimedia devices installed in my PC:

1. C-Media AC97 Audio Device
2. CxACap, WDM Audio Capture
3. CxTuner, Phillips WDM Tv Tuner
4. CxVCap, WDM Video Capture
5. CxXBar, WDM Crossbar
6. Unimodem Full-Duplex Aodio Device

I installed the latest Belarc Advisor and the current Profile shows that I only have: C-Media AC97 Audio Device ( this was Installed from my Motherboard CD)

I have found the following Driver Backup files on my EX. Hard drive but I don't know how to use them.They seem to be what I need. But I don't know how to Install them.

C-Media AC97 Audio Device
CxACap, WDM Audio Capture
CxTuner, Phillips WDM Tv Tuner
CxVCap, WDM Video Capture
CxXBar, WDM Crossbar
SiS 5513 IDE UDMA Controller
SiS 650651740661FX741760
SiS Accelerated Graphics Port

From the LINK you gave me I downloaded the files that seemed to apply to WXP (12)
I have not done anything with them yet because I do not know if I need them, sense I have the Motherboard CD which says it has all I need to run the Motherboard. Also I do not know how to install them if I had to?????

I hope you can make some sense out of this MESS I am in.

Maybe some of the above INFO might have something to do with why I cant load uo my WinDVR3 program?

Last edited:

Ask a Question