Lost documents

I can't believe it myself, but apparently I didn't back up all of my
documents before I "upgraded" my operating system from Windows ME to XP Pro.
Anyway, I had many problems with the upgrade and scanning and fixing
corrupted files and things not working, that I ended up doing a clean install
which is now working on my program. However, in the meantime, I lost almost
everything that was on computer prior to that. I thought I was doihg good by
creating a restore point on the computer; however, with the clean install,
that's even gone. Anyway, does anyone know of any possibility to recover
some of the documents and pictures that I've lost. Will be forever
grateful.....

Ricky

I've used this program on a formatted disk and recovered everything.
There's no guarantee it will work. You can download a trial version to
see if it finds anything. You'll have to buy it to recover the files.
http://www.runtime.org/

"Confused in Cleveland" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
|I can't believe it myself, but apparently I didn't back up all of my
| documents before I "upgraded" my operating system from Windows ME to
XP Pro.
| Anyway, I had many problems with the upgrade and scanning and fixing
| corrupted files and things not working, that I ended up doing a clean
install
| which is now working on my program. However, in the meantime, I lost
almost
| everything that was on computer prior to that. I thought I was doihg
good by
| creating a restore point on the computer; however, with the clean
install,
| that's even gone. Anyway, does anyone know of any possibility to
recover
| some of the documents and pictures that I've lost. Will be forever
| grateful.....

charlie b

wrote in message
|I can't believe it myself, but apparently I didn't back up all of my
| documents before I "upgraded" my operating system from Windows ME to
XP Pro.
| Anyway, I had many problems with the upgrade and scanning and fixing
| corrupted files and things not working, that I ended up doing a clean
install
| which is now working on my program. However, in the meantime, I lost
almost
| everything that was on computer prior to that. I thought I was doihg
good by
| creating a restore point on the computer; however, with the clean
install,
| that's even gone. Anyway, does anyone know of any possibility to
recover
| some of the documents and pictures that I've lost. Will be forever
| grateful.....

try here they are good free progs
http://www.vaiosoft.com/download/Default.html