    get information about the embedded object (e.g. movie/photo) to identify the
    name so I can subsequently search for that file on my hard drive?
    Thanks.

    Guest, Feb 23, 2007

    Right clicking a movie and > edit movie object should reveal the file name
    (in information)

    With a picture add a custom animation temporarily and the file name should
    show in the custom animation pane
    Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials-http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
    http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipshome.html
    email john AT technologytrish.co.uk

    Guest, Feb 23, 2007

    I knew about the way to identify the link for the movie - but unfortunately,
    that pane is small it shows the name of the movie but not the entire path -
    so you need to search. Didn't know about the tip for the picture. Thanks!

    Obviously way is optimal.

    Guest, Feb 23, 2007

    I am unable to get the file name of the picture to show in the custom
    animation pane.

    Guest, Feb 23, 2007
  5. In article <>, Jeff wrote:
    > I knew about the way to identify the link for the movie - but unfortunately,
    > that pane is small it shows the name of the movie but not the entire path -
    > so you need to search. Didn't know about the tip for the picture. Thanks!

    Visit http://www.pptools.com/fixlinks/ and download the free demo.
    It'll give you a report on all the linked pictures, movies, sounds etc. in the file.

    The paid for version will let you locate and relink the files, but the site also
    includes some tips on doing this manually. For a wad of presentations, the add-in's
    going to save you lots of time. For just one or two shows, I'd just go the manual
    route.

    > Obviously way is optimal.
    > "John Wilson" wrote:
    >
    > > Right clicking a movie and > edit movie object should reveal the file name
    > > (in information)
    > >
    > > With a picture add a custom animation temporarily and the file name should
    > > show in the custom animation pane
    > > --
    > > Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials-http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
    > > http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipshome.html
    > > email john AT technologytrish.co.uk
    > >

    > > "Jeff" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am using PP Office Profession 2003. I have a presentation made a year ago
    > > > with pictures and movies. Because I had reorganized my folder system, some
    > > > of the pictures and movies are now in different folders. I unfortunately, do
    > > > not know the name of the picture or movie. Is there a way in powerpoint to
    > > > get information about the embedded object (e.g. movie/photo) to identify the
    > > > name so I can subsequently search for that file on my hard drive?
    > > > Thanks.

    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    PPTools: www.pptools.com