Live weather for a north cyprus website

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I am helping with the construction of a website for a friend of mine developing properties in Northern Cyprus.
www.secretofthemed.com

The site is Joomla based, which should make things easy for future admin.

What we are looking for is some kind of good quality weather script/feed, that will show live weather and/or maybe a forecast for Northern Cyprus (or a specific city there). The script/feed should be relatively simple to install and configure.
Does anyone know where I can get something like this?

I have installed a weather magnet from Weather.com, although am not too happy with it as it has too many external links.

As always, many thanks in advance for any help or recomendations here.

Reaction score
It seems like you've got it sorted ey Cache-Man ;)

I notice some feeds from weather.com ;)

Also not sure if it's just me but it takes an age to load that site.

Reaction score
Oh rethink, just read your post properly *'doh!*

I'll have a ponder on it Cache-Man and i'll get back to you, i'm sure i had some weather stuff kicking about as i run a busy storm tracking site in the summer months, so i'll see if i can find the script for I'national weather.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I got the weather sorted now. I managed to find a script that decodes and displays a XML feed from weather.com.
It did take a bit of faffing around configuring it initially, and then it took some more faffing around to convert all the results and colour mappings from Fahrenheit to Celcius, but it's working great now, and my client is very happy with it ;)
If anyone fancies letting me know what they think of it, you can see it here
www.secretofthemed.com/live-weather

Now I just need to figure out how to change those URLs to more search-engine friendly versions. I've seen some Joomla modules, i just have to play with them.

Last edited:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Wahey, finally got the site URLS all converted to Search-Engine friendly ones ;)

Now, I've just got to get the site up the Google list :(

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Thats awesome Chris.. have always been mad on Supercells and twisters, one day i will have a holiday in Tornado alley ..

Tis the season to be careful , Twister season :thumb:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Cache-man said:
Wahey, finally got the site URLS all converted to Search-Engine friendly ones ;)

Now, I've just got to get the site up the Google list :(

Seem to be having trouble getting google to crawl the site though.
Maybe i'm just too impatient, as i know it can take a while for google to pick up a site. the sites been up a few weeks though and only had one googlebot hit ???

Ask a Question