Live For Speed

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyone played or have live for speed? Your thoughts please. :)

Seems to get good reviews and stuff. Very realistic apparently.

LFS S2 is a serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving. It is therefore highly recommended to drive the sim with a steering wheel, because even though you can use keyboard and/or mouse, a wheel is what you use in a real car, so a wheel should be used in a serious racing simulator. Especially when going online, where fast reactions are required.
Its a dl only cant get it in the shops.

I'll dl the demo when i get home.

http://www.lfs.net/

http://www.lfsforum.net/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm downloading this now, it sounds quite fun :D The screenshots look very nice indeed!

I don't have a wheel though so it may be a bit limited. :eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Me too, and i dont have a wheel either, Just a control pad.

The physics are supposed to be spot on. How hard can it be!? :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've given it a quick go now and it is really hard with a mouse to get proper control! It was only a practice lap so I'll give it another go tomorrow once the pizza and beer has worn off ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ha ha. :D

I got Test Drive Unlimited through the post today too, after food i'll be torn between the two!

What do you think about the gameplay, first impressions?

Reaction score
Ive been playing LFS for a while, and bought the full version (unlocked the demo)

I have gotten really good at it with the keyboard and its satisfying when you can powerslide round corners without ploughing into a solid object.

The LX6 is great for that.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I do like it, I don't think I'll get the full version though as I don't have the wheel and I wouldn't play it seriously enough to justify getting one. A flight yoke is on my list though :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I dont mind it either, it does take a bit of getting used to though.

The physics are good. I am quite impressed tbh.

But, the steering on the pad is too sensitive, I only played it briefly last night, Is there a sensitivity adjuster somewhere in the options? Had a quick look, couldn't find it.....

Have been playing Test Drive Unlimited a lot though, thats good fun. :D

Ask a Question