Goodwood Festival of speed 22, 23, 24 June

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi All

I won two Tickets to the Fesival of speed at Goodwood for this weekends event, and decided after much deliberation and regurgitation that I would take my Brother instead of one of my friends, (lets hope he doesn't see this thread, cause if he does, he's gonna kill me as he is a real petrolhead and loves his motorsports and fast cars..:D )

Anyway like I said I took me Bro and I think he enjoyed the event even though his ankle started playing up in the afternoon, there were lots of famous drivers driving some very famous and rare cars, but we didn't manage to spot any as there were a hell of a lot of people there...

Virtually every car marquee was there from Aston martin to Ferrari to Bugatti, including Formula 1 cars and Le Mans racers from yesteryear to the present, Class 1 Rally cars also took to the course to show what they could do and were also impressive.. there were also Motorcycles from racing classics to modern day racers and GP bikes with plenty of famous riders aboard, these all culminated into some top drives and plenty of wheel spinning and burnt rubber amongst other things....The Public were allowed full access to the racing paddocks to speak to the teams and drivers and take photographs, there were so many there it was hard to get close to all the cars and so photo opportunities were not as often as I would have liked, but I managed to get a few good shots off..

Have posted a selection of Photo's up for you all as I know you just love looking at the Piccies they have all been resized to 800x600 to allow for quick upload...

Some very rare and expensive cars here, some worth many millions of pounds, and some maybe even priceless as there are no others...ENJOY...:D

P1000270.jpg

Formula 1 and Le mans cars made into a sky sculpture in front of the House.

P1000271.jpg

Front on view is stunning and is quite a sight..
nod.gif

P1000256.jpg

I used to dream of this car when I was a boy, it was in all the books and Guiness book of records for years and held the land speed record for many years before Thrust SSII came along, it averaged 622mph for over a mile over 2 runs in each direction.
P1000259.jpg

Speed reached is written on the rear of the car.

P1000296.jpg

The Bugatti Veyron what a stunning car in the flesh it is a trully beautiful piece of technology with curves to shame Marylin monroe...:D
P1000300.jpg

The Veyrons Cockpit and Engine compartment..Yes that is a W16 that produces 1001 BHP.
P1000297.jpg

The rear wing of the Veyron

P1000292.jpg

The Ferrari Enzo wow what a car probably the closest you will get to a race car that is a road car..
P1000293.jpg

Stunning curves and paintwork.
P1000294.jpg

Hard to keep people out of the pics but there were so many, No doubting the cars the star here though.

P1000291.jpg

This is the rear of a Ferrari 599 GTB and very nice it is too..;)

P1000302.jpg

The Maclaren Mercedes in all its glory my Brother liked this one, said he could take it home but his missus wouldn't agree to the bank loan..

P1000279.jpg

A very rare Schuppan 962...I'll take 2 please

P1000273.jpg

A Toyota Le Mans racer

P1000303.jpg

A stunning and rare Alfa Romeo racing car...What a beauty she is, I think she's possibly my favourite of the day, I just love that shape and that grill, note the starting handle....I think she's Gorgeous..

P1000313.jpg

An early stunning Delarge record breaker recording a speed of 143.6 MPH at brooklands to take the land speed record..

P1000280.jpg

V8 Pilot rear if you look carefully you can see meeeee...
P1000281.jpg

Front of the Pilot V8 humphrey Bogart eat your heart out..

P1000282.jpg

This 1904 Mercer was a beauty

P1000274.jpg

Loved this very rare completely Chromed bodywork 1946 car...I'm sure you'll agree its very cute...One of my favs this one..

P1000309.jpg

This ultra rare and very beautiful vintage Ferrari took my breath away and had stunning curves like you have never seen, the pics just don't do it justice...
P1000305.jpg

from the rear wow just look at that fin..
P1000307.jpg

The Ferrari's Cockpit love that wooden wheel...Come to think of it thats probably all I could afford...

P1000317.jpg

This vintage MG was also a record breaker holding speed records at Brookland many years ago..

P1000316.jpg

1902 Vintage auto in top shape..she's a real class lady this one..

P1000310.jpg

A boat shaped vintage racing Alfa Romeo..She must have been very slippery with that shape..

P1000284.jpg

This is a very rare Bugatti from the 1920's its one of only 6 in the world of which 5 were at Goodwood, and is worth many millions of pounds.
P1000286.jpg

Look at the incredible workmanship in the sweeping coachwork, Note the 3 window wipers with motors inside the cockpit..

P1000289.jpg

This is a 1928 Bugatti Coupe de ville....What elegant and stunning lines she has its no wonder only royalty and the nouveau riche could afford a car like this...We could still smell the leather from the seats.
P1000288.jpg

Even the steering wheel is a work of art on this car, the chauffeur was well catered for..Imagine driving this V12 beauty for a living...Someone used too..

P1000261.jpg

This Audi hydrogen powered car styled by Guigaro was an eyeturner, certainly turned my brothers eye, thats him standing next to it...He must have been walking round studying it for about 5 minutes..

P1000265.jpg

This Honda Hybrid powered concept car was a stunner aswell and love that paintwork...

P1000266.jpg

This concept Saab Aero is also a Hybrid powered car..

P1000262.jpg

A brand new Mazda hybrid car very nice curves, this car got many admirers...

P1000263.jpg

Peugot Quark hybrid Diesel car..

Hope you all enjoyed the photo's as I certainly enjoyed taking them and veiwing all those spectacular cars..

You may leave comments if you want to...:D

Thought I would throw in a couple of Vid clips for you all just as a treat...
nod.gif

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/crazylegsdude/?action=view¤t=P1000216.flv

Colin McCrae in his Subaru Imprezza WRX rally car giving it the beans on Goodwood hill and being a show off into the bargain...All good fun though and the crowd liked it...:)

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/crazylegsdude/?action=view¤t=P1000230.flv

This car had an acrylic clear bottom so you could see inside the engine and cockpit from underneath, I think you'll see why when you watch the video clip, its a 7.2 litre chevy engine by the way, sounds good dunnit...

Strange but the bottom vid clip wouldn't play first time just sound, but I let it finish and hit replay and it was ok, so if it does that for you just do as I did...

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very very nice - looks like you had a cracking day!

The Blue Flame and Veyron are my favorites :D The hydrogen Audi at the bottom looks like something from the future, did they say much else about it?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
WoW

Great pics CL, thanks for sharing ... :nod:

:cool:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
WoW

Great pics CL, thanks for sharing ...
nod.gif

:cool:

No worries guys, yeah had a great day there...:thumb: Didn't see too much about the finer details on the hydrogen car Ian but my brother looked around it for quite some time, I have sent him a link and perhaps he can give a little more detail on the workings of it and anything else about it...

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wonder if you guys could help

Have some .mov files that I want to make into a movie, now I have spent hours trying to make this movie in Microsoft movie maker and it keeps coming up with a silly error message saying it cannot save the file to my hard disk because some of the files may be missing..Now they are not missing and I have spent hours now trying to get the damn movie made but it just ain't gonna let me..

I have had to convert the .mov files into wmv and avi's and divx and it says the same thing in each case...I am at a loss now and have given up with moviemaker..

Does anyone know of any software that would allow me to make a movie with .mov files, as opposed to having to convert them first..

I must have wasted something like 5 hours in movie maker and its getting frustrating...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Great Pix :cool:

My faves are the Alfa Romeo racing car, the 1946 chrome jobbie and the Ford V8 Pilot.

Thanks for sharing :thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks Muck's I will certainly give that a go..Looks good..

I didn't buy the camera for the movie capability but for the cameras photo capability and stunning lens...Just I got stunning movie capability into the bargain with full 30 fps widescreen footage..But saves in .mov file format which I am reliably informed that lots of cameras save in this pesky format....

Do you know of any decent movie editors while were about it, don't mention Moviemaker or i'll scream....:p

Thanks for the rate Flopp's....I loved that Chrome car aswell...:thumb:

Ask a Question