Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (Beta)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/games/forza-motorsport-6-apex/9nblggh3shm7

"Forza Motorsport 6: Apex” brings the award-winning Forza franchise to Windows 10. Built for Windows 10 PCs with DirectX 12, and powered by the state-of-the-art ForzaTech™ graphics and physics engine, this free Forza experience features all new race modes designed to showcase the thrill of “Forza Motorsport 6” in breathtaking graphics at up to 4K resolution.

A CURATED FORZA EXPERIENCE ON WINDOWS 10
• Experience the world of Forza on Windows 10 PCs for free, with many of the best racing experiences that “Forza Motorsport 6” has to offer, as well as Forza’s trademark innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and Forzavista™ cars – each with working cockpits and full damage.
• Discover new ways to play and compete, including an all-new Showcase Tour, Spotlight Series, in-race bonus objectives and an all-new scoring mechanic.
• Race a diverse selection of more than 60 Forzavista™ cars curated from fan favorites, reflecting a variety of automotive interests, including hot hatch, muscle, touring, exotics, GT racing, track toys, prototypes and hypercars.
• Compete on six tracks based on world-famous tracks, featuring immersive wet-weather and night racing conditions.

A GRAPHICS POWERHOUSE
• Face unrelenting action at simulation speed with, DirectX 12, the new standard for 3D graphics that enables players to experience gains in performance and overall optimization.
• Unlock the full capabilities of your PC with full HD and breathtaking graphics at up to 4K resolution, powered by ForzaTech™, Turn 10 Studios’ proprietary, state-of-the-art graphics and physics engine, and developed with DirectX 12.
• Delight in the stunning realism and precise detail of every car as the result of the ForzaTech™ engine, bringing the unique aspects that give each car its own unique feel to life.

FORZA’S DEBUT ON PC
• Take advantage of a number of Windows 10 features, including the ability to access your existing friends and achievements list, text and voice chat via Xbox Live, and record and share your favorite moments and clips with built-in Game DVR.
• Build your Gamerscore up to 1,000 points by earning achievements exclusive to Forza players on Windows 10 PCs.
• Customize your player experience on Windows 10 PCs with support for mouse, keyboard and a variety of gamepads

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR 1080P @ 60FPS
• Processor: Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.6Ghz
• Memory: 12 GB RAM (4 GB VRAM)
• Graphics: Radeon R9 290X / GeForce 970 or equivalent
• Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
• DirectX 12
• Microsoft Xbox One Controller

IDEAL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR 4k @ 60FPS
• Processor: i7-6700k @4Ghz
• Memory: 16 GB RAM (6+ GB VRAM)
• Graphics: 980ti / Radeon Fury X or equivalent
• Hard Drive: SSD + 30 GB available space
• DirectX 12
• Microsoft Xbox One Controller

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
• Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz
• Memory: 8 GB RAM (2 GB VRAM)
• Graphics: Radeon R7 250X / GeForce GT 740 or equivalent
• Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
• DirectX 12

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
As someone who loves the FM series on Xbox, I'm interested in this, will DL it tonight and see what its like, first impressions on the internet are positive.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That looks good! Bet it would be excellent through a VR headset (although that would probably make me travel sick unfortunately!) :thumb:

Seems pretty heavy in terms of RAM needed though :eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah seems it, but looks like its running pretty well from what people are saying.

I love FM6 on the XB1 - have put a lot of hours into it so I'll be interested in how the pans out.

I'm going to have to start considering a GPU upgrade.... Once the 1080's are announced I'll see what that does to the price of the 980Ti. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh wow!

I loved the Forza games on the 360, I just have to try this.

The requirement specs are very high though aren't they? Fortunately I've just carried out a new build and my specs are ok (just).

Right then, download time....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No luck for me on downloading, I can't sign in. It asks for Microsoft account which I enter but then asks for Windows password. I don't have one of those.

And if I try and create a new account it tells me their site is experiencing a fault.

Sometimes I really detest Microsoft.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You should just sign into the app store like you would the MS or Xbox site Flops, no windows pass required. :)

I just gave it a quick go looks and runs well, think the requirements are a bit on the high side, I managed to max everything and it still ran fine.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever logged into the MS App site but I have bought games for the Xbox 360 online before.

I did suss it in the end and now it tells me I own the game but I can't install it (see pic). The error code translates as 'unable to activate firewall' but a search shows other people getting that error code for being unable to download apps they've purchased.

I've tried two of the suggested solutions so far, including clearing the app sales cache, but I'm having no luck.

So I will be a big kid and say 'Microsoft suck' :mad:

forza.JPG

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, all these months later I wonder to myself 'What's that for?' and click on 'Universal Applications' in the Win 10 Start panel and lo and behold Forza 6 is listed.

To access it I had to create an Xbox account even though I already had one for the 360 I previously owned, I created another one anyway using a Hotmail email address.

So I just played the first couple of races using one of my MS Xbox wireless controllers and managed 3rd and 4th finishing positions respectively. Which probably means the difficulty level is quite forgiving in this game :D

It looks good, plays well and I enjoyed it. So thank you MS, I suspect my earlier glitches and problems may have been due to the sheer number of folk downloading Forza 6 at the time but it irks me a bit to think it may have been sitting dormant on my machine for 4 months.

I do worry though that if I were to get an Xbox machine of whatever flavour in the future whether I could gain access to my old account I had using the 360. A guy in a GAME shop assured me I could as long as I still have the same email address. I do, so here's hoping cos I bought about half a dozen games at least on line and I notice at least two of those are compatible with the Xbox One family.

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I do worry though that if I were to get an Xbox machine of whatever flavour in the future whether I could gain access to my old account I had using the 360. A guy in a GAME shop assured me I could as long as I still have the same email address. I do, so here's hoping cos I bought about half a dozen games at least on line and I notice at least two of those are compatible with the Xbox One family.

You should be able too, I've been using the same Xbox/MS account across my 360, XB1 and Win10 without issues.

Ask a Question