Bringing DirectX 12 to Rise of the Tomb Raider

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Pushing the boundaries of technology on PC has always been a passion of the development team at Nixxes, and Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix have been great partners for us in doing so. One of the challenges with PC development is guaranteeing players on as many different PC configurations as possible can have a great experience. For us this means ensuring that users with older PCs can still get a great gameplay experience, but also that users with higher-end machines can get the most out of their hardware, including the highest quality visuals, frame-rate, and other technical enhancements.

One thing we are very excited about to help us further realize those goals is the new DirectX 12 graphics API that is available on Windows 10. In the patch released today on Steam – and coming soon to the Windows 10 Store – we will be adding DirectX 12 support to Rise of the Tomb Raider.

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/140859222830/dev-blog-bringing-directx-12-to-rise-of-the-tomb

Still not played this yet, but really fancy picking it up.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Sounds really good! I've still not got round to playing the first one (Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition), but I'm looking forward to both. That being said, I'll be playing them on the PS4 so this update will not affect me at all!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the first one, great story. :)

So much so I actually played thought it again on the XB1 as it was one of the free Games with Gold a while back.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It's first on my list after I've finished Fallout 4 :D

(Yes, I'm really dragging it out)

Ask a Question