Linking Subnets

R

Robert Cohen

Hello All,
I am starting to use subnetting and have a question. On my main net, I have a navigation bar. Within the navigation bar, I want to have a link to a subweb. How do I include the link in the navigation structure? Obviously when I had the subweb as a folder, it was easy. But I can't seem to create the link in the navigation bar. Am I missing something?

D

David Berry

In the Navigation View, right click, Add Existing Page, double-click the sub web, click the file.

R

Robert Cohen

thank you David. I thought I had tried it before, but must had made a little mistake.

BTW, I assume there is no way to change which window it opens in with all the others being set one way. Basically I have a three pane website with navigation bar to the left in one pane. Whenver someone clicks on a button in the navigation bar, the page opens in the main window (to the right of it). However, I would prefer to open the one button in a new window (since it will be a new web). I know how to change it for all, but is there any way to change it for just that one button?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

You can not target individual links in a nav bar or nav bars
- they will only "target" the base href tag in your page
- that's why nav bars are not recommended in frames

--

thank you David. I thought I had tried it before, but must had made a little mistake.

BTW, I assume there is no way to change which window it opens in with all the others being set one way. Basically I have a three
pane website with navigation bar to the left in one pane. Whenver someone clicks on a button in the navigation bar, the page opens
in the main window (to the right of it). However, I would prefer to open the one button in a new window (since it will be a new
web). I know how to change it for all, but is there any way to change it for just that one button?

--
Robert Cohen
A legend in his own mind
--

In the Navigation View, right click, Add Existing Page, double-click the sub web, click the file.

--
--
David Berry - MCP
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
FrontPage Support: http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

Hello All,
I am starting to use subnetting and have a question. On my main net, I have a navigation bar. Within the navigation bar, I
want to have a link to a subweb. How do I include the link in the navigation structure? Obviously when I had the subweb as a
folder, it was easy. But I can't seem to create the link in the navigation bar. Am I missing something?

Ask a Question