lcd monitor

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me?, i want to change my current crt monitor to a new lcd , my graphics card is a nvidia ge force2 mx/mx400 but the highest resolution setting i can get is 1600x1200(others are 1600x1024,1600x900, 1280x768 and below etc)the lcd i was interested in has a resolution of 1680x1050(22"), if i chose a 19" version the resolution is 1440x900, would either of these operate ok and what setting should i select for them, my current monitor is set at 800x600(lg flatron 795ft)i dont use my system for gaming just general internet stuff and photo`s etc, thanks for any help

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You can use eithere monitor as the screen settings will allow you to choose the resolution youwant to use . The 22" would be the better buy . You can get a better GFX card than yours for very little money these days so it might be worth thinking about upgradeing .

user.gif

Reaction score
Usually the resolutions that manufacturers post for their monitors are just the suggested resolution. You can adjust it to view in lower resolutions it just won't look as good as it would if you were to run it at the suggested resolutions. Either way as was stated before you would be fine with running at lower resolutions for basic computing.

Ask a Question