Laptop won't boot up

Reaction score
Guys my laptop is completely messed up .....whenever I power it up it brings up the loading xp screen and then it just blue screens. The blue screen says something like application terminated.

Its been powering itself off all the time lately.....think its overheating all the time. But now I can't even power it up !!!!.

Its only about a year old (just out of warranty )and its a Dell Inspiron 5100.

Would appreciate any advice. I'm thinking I need to wipe XP and then reinstall it, but when I insert my XP cd nothing happens and it just goes to the same blue screen

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I have a Dell inspiron 5100 and had that problem, phoned up Dell they told me to re-install windows!

Mine is getting replaced with a Dell inspiron 510m soon, DELL SUCK!

Reaction score
Saying that dell suck is a statement i cannot make due to the fact that i have no experience with their towers, servers, pdas...., however i can say that i would never ever under any condition tell someone to purchase a dell laptop. I know 3 people who have had dell laptops all of then rattle, have brocken lid catches etc. They seem to have very poor build quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I have changed my mind about Dell, after they ordered my laptop to go back to the (Fir the 6th time) i got angry, so they decided to ship me a free one.

2 weeks later i recieved a inspiron 510m, free DVD-RW drive and loads of accessories, it was brand new aswell, i i payed for it it would have cost £1,639.00 When i orrigianly bought a dell, it cost me £1,027.00 a year ago, Dell are great!

Reaction score
Back to the original problem, Put the XP CD in the drive, then press F12 straight after start up, then select boot from CD Drive, and follow the instructions

mpr

Reaction score
My Laptop is not booting up, a Toshiba satellite.I am terribly disappointed.It happened when I tried to install Internet Explorer Service Pack 1.
Kindly help.
mpr.

Ask a Question